Cadets 2007 show

good point...it is really tiresome to me to watch more than half a dozen shows in one sitting because they all are basically the same thing, Drum corps needs a little variety these days in show pacing

I know. I can't believe how similar the top 2 were last year. I mean, come on, Faust is practically like a robot. EVERYONE knows that.

:P

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. I can't believe how similar the top 2 were last year. I mean, come on, Faust is practically like a robot. EVERYONE knows that.

:P

"a little variety these days in show pacing" ... read, not show theme.

although to be fair, the top 2 did very different things with regard to pacing

"a little variety these days in show pacing" ... read, not show theme.

although to be fair, the top 2 did very different things with regard to pacing

Missed the word "pacing." :master:

And yeah, they were different in that sense.

OMG. I just watched the Cadets on youtube. This show could win DCI. The hornline is great, the music is great, the drill is great. IT'S A NIGHTMARE!!!! I now this has been beaten to death, but I thought they went too far last year. I am so glad I am not going to see this show live....

Saw Cadets in Fairfield this evening. Kick-arse hornline. Kick-arse drill, some of the most insane I've ever seen from them. Some drum dirt, but still early in the season - excellent despite the occasional dirt.

Sometimes the narration complemented the music well and other times it covered up too much IMHO and added nothing more than spoken words, even if the words were describing feelings about being part of the DC activity, while the activity was taking place behind the narration.

IMHO Bloo used amps much more effectively to support their show, but amps are only but one aspect of the show. In the total package, Cadets were just a shade stronger tonight.

Lol...i forgot i even made that post...it seems like ages ago. I guess in a way it was, since it was before the first show. But its just becoming more and more true.

Well there you go. Sometimes it's better to stick to your guns. Take a stance and keep it. Otherwise, stuff like this happens. :P

It's such a common negotiation tactic. Ask for much more than you expect. People freak out, and are relieved at the reduced offer.

Good psychology...

haha, I've noticed this too...I've even seen it taken a step further saying the narration is ok, there is just too much of it. This of course gets into a question of "how much is too much?" -and that is nothing more than personal opinion.

Like any change in drum corps (stationary pits, valved instruments, Bb instruments) , as time goes on, things will normalize and people will become less hostile to it once they realize it doesn't spell then end of the activity.

I personally enjoy how the activity is always changing and moving forward to try new things and explore new ideas, it is what keeps things interesting for me.

This isn't a new idea. I've been watching bands do this for a long time (decades). The narration was annoying then, it's annoying now 98% of the time. I'd certainly hope it's not the norm. At any rate, to each his/her own.

Is it me or is the cadets show a copy of Tarpon Springs BOA show from a few years back? Called "I Believe". ???

Luke

Yes it is. Tarpon opened with Symphonic Movement, then Blue Shades, then marched 210 bpm with aedomus (spelling?). Tarpon also had the most amazing hornline and drumline as well. Cadets copied them. . .yup.