Cavaliers post 2007 show audio on youtube

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not saying they weren't... but watch any Finals DVD, every corps, no matter the score or placement, still has its slightly dirty moments... while everything might be perfect at some time, everything won't be perfect at the same time.

(I'm not trying to flame the Cavies at all from last year... the execution of their visual design always amazes me)

Of course there are slightly dirty moments. No corps is perfect. But there is a difference between "slightly dirty moments" and "a lot of not so straight lines." (emphasis mine)

But anyways, to move back on topic, I'm glad to see The Cavaliers place an entire clip of the music, instead of having two different parts. I enjoy not having to move to a different "video" when I'm listening to the show.

The Cavaliers will never use narration.

For the record, people thought the same thing about the Cavaliers and B flats and amps.

also for the record.. it sounded then like it sounds on this recording. They're saying "Jennifer." Where's Chris Lugo when I need him? He was there! He'll tell ya!!

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

For the record, people thought the same thing about the Cavaliers and B flats and amps.

2004 was the first year for amps, right?

And they used them gladly for the 007 show, didn't they?

:)

That's what she was implying...

.....and 2004 was the first year of amps.

2000 was the first year for B flat....yet they waited until 2001 to use them.

Gee, that's what they said years back about Bb horns!!

Because Bb horns made sense. Narration doesn't.

For the record, they did try amplified vocals in 2004 for maybe a show or two (Bond...James Bond) but took it out when they realized how goofy it sounded.

Edited by Jayzer

also for the record.. it sounded then like it sounds on this recording. They're saying "Jennifer."

Stef

Ahhhh.. no.. :) You are very good at rattling a few cages with that one!! Funny!! I just spent from the 22nd of May to the 9th of June volunteering with The Cavaliers & I'm think'n that I don't ever remember hearing the name "Jennifer" spoken from the whole corps at the same time.. though I believe that it would be a great idea to use it as a "shout out" to Jen, she would love it!!

Because Bb horns made sense. Narration doesn't.

For the record, they did try amplified vocals in 2004 for maybe a show or two (Bond...James Bond) but took it out when they realized how goofy it sounded.

It must have been while they were in the south....cause I don't remember that!! :lol:

And for the record I realize that saying "narration doesn't make sense" is a pretty broad generalization, but I guess it would be better to say, for what the Cavaliers are doing and have done, narration doesn't seem to fit in their grand scheme of things.