blue reveiw

just wondering if anyone went to the blue review and how the show looked.

I guess no-one went? Come on guys, give us some stuff to read! B)

Heck, I would settle for some Bluecoat-Juice that I could drink, or absorb through osmosis.

I was there. It was good.

Well looks like a gold medal for the Coats!

son of a #$R%$%.... did they swear you all to secrecy or something?? you can be vague and still give us some feedback!!

(its ok- i'm going to Annapolis tomorrow! woohoo)

Ok, here are a few photos from the Blue B-Q which was at Dennison University. I took a few pictures of the Blue Debut in Canton, but they were mainly of the warm-ups and the demonstration portion of the show.

The corps is off to a great start and doing very well. There are more pictures of the corps from Dennison on the media link on the Bluecoats web site, and I know our media guy will have more photos and I think another video or two up really soon.

The corps was very exciting the other night here in Canton, and the difference in the show, just between Dennison and Canton, was amazing. There is much to be added (layers), and the members continue to work hard on learning on the new material given to them and maximizing that which they have had for a while. All the sections are full, and the Bluecoats will actually carry 8 alternates on tour with them (guard). They are marching 64 brass (maybe more), 9 snares, 5 tenors, 5 basses, 38 guard, 12 pit (I think), 1 DM and two assistant DMs. The musical selections are the most demanding they have attempted, with runs galore and wicked unison intervalic structure found in several of the show's themes. The visual design is incredible, and more is to be added as they put in some of the finalizing pieces. They are performing extremely well for this time of the year, and the show is almost complete. As of two days ago they had about 10 more sets to teach.

The design staff and musical team have done a tremendous job, the performers are as strong as ever, and the show will be very entertaining. Can I predict where they will place? No. Honestly, I am not worried about it. As a BOD member and fan of the corps, I just want them to max out the show and have the best time of their lives. Many people seem to be making all kinds of predictions, and I appreciate their enthusiasm for the corps, and while the 'Coats will always be competitive, we also want to make sure they are having fun, learning, growing together, and enjoying the experience, and we need to do that while remaining healthy as an organization. I will say that I think their horn book, based on what I have heard, is a top 3 book, as is the percussion book. I am not a good judge of guard, but I know I love what is already in the show, and the staging for the guard is impecible. As with all shows at this time of the year, there is work to be done, but the work of our director and operations director, and the work of our tremendous music and visual staff has paved the way for success, so to me the show is going to wow many and it will certainly be in the mix of the top corps in the country.

blue1.jpg

blueintro.jpg

This isn't a uniform thread, but I love the way their unis look on the field. And thanks for posting the review, it sounds like the members are having a blast with this show. I can't wait to see it tomorrow night! (Yeah for webcasts).

I don't understand the guard unis.... where's the orange jumpsuits... :P