With One Day Before the First Show

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the reviews to start!

Stef

Look for mine from the Southwest Corps Connection on 6/24. I only got to do two reviews from last season and probably only two for this year as well. This is when I miss the Midwest most. Usually, I was only 150 miles from a drum corps show on any given weekend.

Look for mine from the Southwest Corps Connection on 6/24. I only got to do two reviews from last season and probably only two for this year as well. This is when I miss the Midwest most. Usually, I was only 150 miles from a drum corps show on any given weekend.

Maybe.. but you'll be in my old stomping grounds.. and believe it or not -- even at 120 in the shade, I sometimes miss it.

We'll be in town in October (uncle z and I) -- we should meet up for some beers and wings at Long Wong's on Thomas (if it's still there)!

im not saying its going to happen bit i'd say its very possible

they can win brass

they can win drums

they can win feet

they can win Music GE

they can win visual GE

...im not sure they can win guard, they have a wonderful guard but.....man.. bd cavies and cadets guards are always sooo good.

that being said

they just need to do it all.

Maybe.. but you'll be in my old stomping grounds.. and believe it or not -- even at 120 in the shade, I sometimes miss it.

We'll be in town in October (uncle z and I) -- we should meet up for some beers and wings at Long Wong's on Thomas (if it's still there)!

I will be looking forward to it. Love the Long Wong's!!!!!!

And of course a Kiltlifter or several as well.

I think they could win this year. I don't think they would probably deserve to win this year, but the last 2 years, I honestly believe the judges scored them a little higher than they deserved. So it looks like with the judges on their side, their first true championship is a possiblity this year.

Where I would probably expect they should place this year, is 5th. I expect SCV and BD to be on fire with the home crowd. Cavaliers, while I am not completely taken with their music, have the best integration of any corps since 2000. Music, drill, guard=complete package. And Cadets never stay down for long. Last year, they really should have placed third, behind Cavies and BD. I really think the judges were making a statement, rather than actually scoring the show. Just my opinion. Yes, there were a few design flaws in that show, but it was a more difficult show than most of the corps, with nearly perfect execution.

I do think Phantom may have one of their better musical selections this year(although I am a little leery of them doing a similar to Cavies version of Firebird) I am definitely hoping they up their visual design this year, as it just seems to be lacking the last 5 years compared to the other top 5 corps. And it would also be nice if the colorguard was more unified, rather than having 1, or 5 members doing most of the difficult work like the last 2 years-when the male colorguard members were more predominantly featured, hiding what appears to be weaknesses in the remainder of the guard.

Best of luck to Phantom, and to all the other corps as well. It is going to be a most interesting season.

This has been a soild corps since LONG before I was born. They're over due for their own championship. They've been there at the finals, marching soild drill and playing beautiful music and now it's their turn. The corps I'm really rooting for this year is the Phantom Regiment

Despite my pervious predictions favoring the Troopers :)

I will be looking forward to it. Love the Long Wong's!!!!!!

And of course a Kiltlifter or several as well.

You, my friend, are ON!

We'll toast the champion.. whoever that ends up being!

After sssing and hearing it, I think this is a winning show, but it'll have to be CLEANER than anyone else. I can't stand the co-ed dancing guard. Bring back the guards from 93 and 94. Not the artsy-fartsy stuff.

I'll believe Regiment winning the title when I see it. They've come so close on so many occasions but been so far away. Last year's second place finish was the classic example of awesome music, but a show that cannot compete with the class of the visual dpt (Cavs). That's not to say Phantom's visual program is bad, because it isn't. But if they had a program which could have competed with Cavies, let alone beat it, they would have won last year outright.

They won visual GE last year at finals...

What is it going to take for people to drop this tired old line of Regiment having a subpar visual program that is keeping them from winning. They didn't win last year because the Cavies edged them out in a couple performance captions, not because they had "awesome music that couldn't compete with the class of the visual department." :laugh: