The Cavaliers 2007 Show

Of course it couldn't be that people (Cadets alums and non-Cadets alums) are giving their honest opinion.

It could be. Or it could be that they're Cadet Alums giving Hoppy's opinion.

I'm sure that most of the division I corps are busting their butts getting from one set to another.

The joking about "rolling around" just proves that someone is a little jealous of a successful corps and trying to find SOMETHING to poke fun at.

I dunno, it doesn't matter to me. I just think it funny. I'm seeing such a negative reaction about such a little thing. There has to be something more behind it.

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be. Or it could be that they're Cadet Alums giving Hoppy's opinion.

I'm sure that most of the division I corps are busting their butts getting from one set to another.

The joking about "rolling around" just proves that someone is a little jealous of a successful corps and trying to find SOMETHING to poke fun at.

I dunno, it doesn't matter to me. I just think it funny. I'm seeing such a negative reaction about such a little thing. There has to be something more behind it.

This I believe, Choice!

I make my own opinions and not what my old corps director tells me. I wanted to see how much actual playing and marching was going on, so I whipped out a watch. Hop doesn't bash other corps either, least not to us. That would be like....asking to enter the 7th level of hell. It just won't happen. Hop does his own thing.

open question: do you form your own opinion? or do you feed off of others?

Its along the same lines as the vocal-haters. Stop talking and PLAY! Stop rolling! March and play!

Edited by Jedicadet05

Yep, Cadets alums are incapable of thinking for themselves.

I hope not, but it's not just Cadet Alums. It's probably alums of every corps. When you have "Strong" leaders at the top, you tend to take their opinions and make them your own. The younger you are, the more likely this is to happen. Not everyone, but many.

It happens in the real world through marketing, politics, media, etc.... If you say something enough times, people start to believe it is fact. It doesn't matter if it's true or not...

This is lower division psychology...

Edited by jjeffeory

I hope not, but it's not just Cadet Alums. It's probably alums of every corps. When you have good leaders at the top, you tend to take their opinions as your own. The younger you are, the more likely this is to happen. Not everyone, but many.

It happens in the real world through marketing, politics, media, etc.... Say something enough times and people start to believe it is fact. Lower division psychology...

I personally have not heard George's opinion on the Cavaliers show this year (or any year) so I assure you my opinion is my own

I was really generous when I was timing them too! I swear! A second is a second, no matter where ur from. Am I biased? YES! Is my watch? NO!

Next chance I get i'll do it again and let y'all know how much they don't move and play. Cause when I looked @ my watch I was quite pleased that they did so little of the two. They base their program too heavily in the visual program. Horn on the face....keep it there

"Excuse my while I roll on the ground again

and again

and....while i face my dot and run to it

h/o gotta roll on the floor again"

I find this completely unnecessary and, IMO, sounds a lot like an attack. The same as if someone insults Cadets for the use of vocals and/or jumping around on tables. You can make an intelligent post without insulting a group.

"Excuse my while I roll on the ground again

and again

and....while i face my dot and run to it

h/o gotta roll on the floor again"

I find this completely unnecessary and, IMO, sounds a lot like an attack. The same as if someone insults Cadets for the use of vocals and/or jumping around on tables. You can make an intelligent post without insulting a group.

just want to note that i quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote the post about him being biased, but not attacking. oops.

I find this interesting when people attack other corps for not being 'challenging enough.' I've heard it a lot last from (from lots of Phantom fans) against Cavs, and after only one show we're hearing it from Cadets fans. The fact of the matter is that Cavaliers do what they do extremely well. The design their shows in a way that they can be maxed out by their members. And no offense to those complaining that Cavs visual design isn't up to snuff, but according to at least the judges last night their rep and comp. scores had a nice spread to number 2. While demand is a part of the sheets, it is just that: A part of the sheets. There is SO MUCH MORE to visual design than demand, and Cavaliers usually do a great job every year designing to the full extent of the sheets.

Edited by perc2100

This I believe, Choice!

I make my own opinions and not what my old corps director tells me. I wanted to see how much actual playing and marching was going on, so I whipped out a watch. Hop doesn't bash other corps either, least not to us. That would be like....asking to enter the 7th level of hell. It just won't happen. Hop does his own thing.

open question: do you form your own opinion? or do you feed off of others?

Its along the same lines as the vocal-haters. Stop talking and PLAY! Stop rolling! March and play!

Well, that's the whole point. I absolutely form my own opinion. I'll question ANYONE. The real questions for me are, "Is it worth it to me to disagree and argue about it? Do I really care to argue my point? Will my arguing with them make a difference?" Most of the time the answer is now "No". Good for you for caring about how much The Cavaliers march, but it seems to me you love your corps and are upset that they're not always on top. So you're trying to find faults with the Cavaliers. Kinda a prop yourself up by tearing someone else down kind of thing...

Now, I don't mind vocals. I don't care for the naration thing, but if it's done just right... It's okay.

Now I just want to see the Cavalier's show and find out what all the fuss is about with their drill. I'm just betting I will think it's fine. It's not really about how many sets you have in a show. It's more about how those sets are done. I think all the division I corps are going to have a mad number of sets. What sets 1st from 17th is how those sets are put together.

Just a thought. Go ahead and be outraged by the Cavaliers this year. Rage against the MACHINE!!!!

Edited by jjeffeory