Will Crown add the narration back into their show?

Does anyone know if Crown has removed the narration from their show for good, or are they planning on putting it back in? They did not use it for tonight's competition. If they have indeed removed it for good, that was one of the most beautiful performances I have ever seen...just awesome! Anyone have any inside info?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're saying if they add the narration back in later, tonight's show suddenly won't be as good to you? Odd logic there. I'm against narration, too, but the dead horse has been beaten again.

Edited by Cody

that was one of the most beautiful performances I have ever seen...just awesome!

All these glowing words... do you still claim that this show will be completely ruined if narration is used?

So, you're saying if they add the narration back in later, tonight's show suddenly won't be as good to you? Odd logic there. I'm against narration, too, but the dead horse has been beaten again.

Yup.

All these glowing words... do you still claim that this show will be completely ruined if narration is used?

Even more so. I think you are forgetting Hrothgar's Law: the better a show is without narration, the worse it is with narration.

Yup.

Even more so. I think you are forgetting Hrothgar's Law: the better a show is without narration, the worse it is with narration.

This guy is too funny.

Because the horse isn't dead. It just get resurrected, every year about this time, by the designers.

Isn't it funny though...the narration was removed by Crown, and the show still makes sense!!!! :)

And maybe, just maybe, even more :ph34r:

If a drum corps show needs a narrator to explain it to you, then it is poorly designed, IMO. You should be able to communicate everything you need to via the musical and visual elements of a program.

Edited by Tekneek

If a drum corps show needs a narrator to explain it to you, then it is poorly designed, IMO. You should be able to communicate everything you need to via the musical and visual elements of a program.

Agreed 100%.