Precision West Review

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: The Eureka yell was in fact, a Eureka moment during the Memorial Day Camp. Several of our most dedicated volunteers asked about the location of the 2007 "Vanguard" halt which I informed them was in the closer. They watched the drill to Ravel's War Dance and "Eureka" the "Eureka" halt was born! :master:

Edited by keyp

PS: The Eureka yell was infact, a Eureka moment during the Memorial Day Camp. Several of our most dedicated volunteers asked about the location of the 2007 "Vanguard" halt which I informed them was in the closer. They watched the drill to Ravel's War Dance and "Eureka" the "Eureka" halt was born! :master:

I yelled it at Stockton!

This is all so much to learn in so few shows.

Maybe the fans could have some rehearsal time before finals? :master:

Edited by DCIHasBeen

Rare post:

Yes, it will be painfully obvious! Confirming the myths - "Eureka" at the 3:00 mark when you see the "!". "Vanguard" near the end. And yes, the design team and staff refers to these as....

The Eureka Halt

The Vanguard Halt

I decided in 2004 that it's better to program them in where they make sense rather than having "Random SCV Fan" attempt to find a place.

See you on the road... B)

Hey Key, I wanted to commend you on an AMAZING job with the arrangements this year. It's truly something beautiful. This may be my favorite SCV show ever. Thank you!

Love SCV musically, but the fans could use some work. The yell has got to go. To me it ruins the effect of the show on the field. Unelss the effect you are going for is upsetting the people seated around you listening to the music, watching the show. Always the few that have to go on yelling into the next phrase; it is so annoying. But, whatever I guess. This is a "youth" activity. I am also against the use of microphones on the field; and feel so so about amps. That is all. Just throwing my opinion out there to see if anyone else feels the same way that isnt a SCV hater.