I'm new here

Hello, I'm Alex. I'm a somewhat new drum corps fan. (was introduced to DCI after the 04 season) I've been super into it ever since. I've been learning baritone for about 3 months now, with the help of my friend who's in the baritone section of the Troopers this year, and I plan on working my butt off and auditioning for (and hopefully making) Troopers in '08. I play a few other instruments, but those don't really matter much here...so yeah...thats pretty much me...just thought I'd say whats up and let you all know a little about me....feel free to ask anything you want to know about me.

yeah....i guess that works for an introduction....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex!

Welcome! I'm sure your friend is his/her life. I sure wish I was young enough to march again, especially with how well everything is going this season for the Troopers.

Swing by our message boards at www.troopersdrumcorps.org.

Keep practicing and I'm sure I'll be cheering you on next year!

Kimberly

Greetings all!

not exactly a newbie...been lurking here and there, just never signed up till recent.

Sam

Hello, I'm Alex. I'm a somewhat new drum corps fan. (was introduced to DCI after the 04 season) I've been super into it ever since. I've been learning baritone for about 3 months now, with the help of my friend who's in the baritone section of the Troopers this year, and I plan on working my butt off and auditioning for (and hopefully making) Troopers in '08. I play a few other instruments, but those don't really matter much here...so yeah...thats pretty much me...just thought I'd say whats up and let you all know a little about me....feel free to ask anything you want to know about me.

yeah....i guess that works for an introduction....

Welcome to the drum corps scene Alex. It's a good addiction to have.

Here are a couple of must have drum corps sites to bookmark, though you may already have them.

fromthepressbox is great for viewing the recap histories of every corps since DCI was founded in 1972. It might be fun for you to learn of the placement history of Troopers. You probably already know that the Troopers' founder, Jim Jones, was also one of the founders of Drum Corps International.

Have fun on tour next year. When you're my age, you'll treasure your drum corps marching days.

- Derek

http://fromthepressbox.com/

http://users.ids.net/~dsherry/drumlist.htm

Edited by Brassop