NY State in the 1970's

Let us know if you are pictured in it. There are several photos which show the Volunteers hornline, both in uniform and during practice (since you are laurasop, and because of your avatar I presume you were in the hornline).

Yes.....I was in the horn line. If you want to see what I look like, go to the 83 DVD of Suncoast Sound and watch for the close-up of the girl during Aquarius. I have two close-ups. I had just led the soprano line around and was right on the front side line. #### camera man was in the way of the drum major. It looks like I paid the camera man or something.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northmen (84-85), Long Island Grenadiers (84...real good), Eagles of CNY (84...pretty darn good M&M)....added to tales of yesteryear with the Shamrocks, Emerald Cadets and are the Magnificent Yankees in the thread anywhere?

Magnificent Yankees and "The Hill Where the Lord Hides"...awesome arrangement!

Magnificent Yankees and "The Hill Where the Lord Hides"...awesome arrangement!

Keith, you are soooooooo old! b**bs

(Joey Cavallaro)

Ken,

your right.. I can't remember what they looked like. lol... I am sorry I totally forgot about the Mighty Liberators!!!

I'm not surprised that you can't remember ..... hell, we were all in AWE being on the same golf team with that unbelievably

famous Cadet from Bergan County !! Geoff is right. When they fielded a competition corps they had gold and black uniforms. After they folded they attempted to rebuild with a parade corps. The colors then were black and light blue (something around the shade of Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders).

Can't wait to see your performance Saturday in Allentown "Shames". Do us old timers proud !!

Tom - in response to your question ... Our show in 77 opened with "Mambo Tambo". I don't know who composed it though. We then played "Save the Planet" (again, unknown who the composer was). The drum solo was "Hoedown" by Copland. Next up - "Another Star" by Stevie Wonder. Our closer was a beautiful piece called "Beautiful" which had a very difficult keyboard part. At the end we did a reprise of Mambo Tambo.

Scott Kramer did march with us that year. What a "screamer". That guy had chops. Him and Jamie Trazulli were our main soloists. I think Jamie marched Bridgemen and then Blue Devils after the break-up of the corps.

Keith - keep bringing on all these memories !! It is great to dust of the ol' brain and remember some of this stuff.

Ken

Keith, you are soooooooo old! b**bs

(Joey Cavallaro)

I turned 47 this past Monday, 7/2. I feel young though!

Happy belated BD, Keith! You are a mere puppy. I recently turned 56 and am beginning to feel not so young. Sorry to miss you in RaChaCha.

Happy belated BD, Keith! You are a mere puppy. I recently turned 56 and am beginning to feel not so young. Sorry to miss you in RaChaCha.

Thanks! I really wanted to be there to see old friends and meet new ones but I'll find another way.

Ken,

On the way to Allentown to perform I put in my 1977 American Open CD and checked out the Fulton Gauchos. OK...

Is that you on bones?... Holy Moly... I am gonna tell Delucia to give you a call.

We actually have a Squires Alum marching with the B-Men as well.

You know... just thinkin I wonder how many years of drum corps was in those two golf carts that fateful friday.

Oh yeah... Allentown was awesome. I had a blast. the gags were great the tribute to 2-7 was great. What a memory.

Oh and I also listened to Greece Cadets...Catholic Daughters of America, Cardinals of Precious Blood, Royal Brigade and FInleyville Crusaders.

They weren't all NY corps but competed regularly in these parts.

I must say I liked the t-shirts' the guy in had Allentown. "this I Believe... SHUT UP AND PLAY THE MUSIC!!!"

Gotta love it....

Oh yeah... Allentown was awesome. I had a blast. the gags were great the tribute to 2-7 was great. What a memory.

What was the tribute, and who performed it??