Cadets in Alpharetta, GA

I think some of you are taking the "50% of the show" thing TOO literal. I think what the original poster meant by it was that it was far to much narration for him. Sometimes people espeacially when epxressing their own opinions tend o over exagerate. Im sure the original poster was not sitting there with a stop watch timing the narration and the subtracting that from the total show time. Cut the guyy a break, he was expressing an opinion whcih was the show has way to much narration.

my opinion on the show: i personally feel the narration plays a huge part in the show, that being said, there are several parts of the narration that are un necessary. Alot of the spoken word can be takin out, and the show would work fine. The blue shades rehearsal section is a part i dont feel should be messed with to much, the narration is to involved in what they are doing. However the opener has alot of narration in it that can be takin out. In the last part of the show i dont think there needs to be any narration except towards the very end leading up to the final "i believe" The whole band nerd speach at the beggining of this section is just lame (not to mention the narrator sounds creepy and almost suicidal). Anyway hopfully they will make some changes and take at least some of the narration out, if they do this i only think it can benefit them.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a "review" and it is just one's person opinion - but when you start saying things like "talking is 50% of the show" - well that's just silly talk, and frankly - a lie.

Please - if your goal is just to criticize something at least do it honestly.

Thanks.

and

Oh, please. Talking is not over 50% of their show. I've seen the show live. I have recordings. Please, in the future, don't post lies. Thank you.

Sometimes perception is that persons reality. I know it seemed like 50% of the time to me when I first saw the show performed.

Edited by truman

i was at the show in Ga

I missed Corps Vets and Teal Sound

Boston- I liked Boston's music the first time I saw them in NC. The guard does great easal/ flag work in the opening song, although their brass and drums aren't as clean as Crowns and Cadets, they still produce a quality sound. Their short rendition of Malaguana is great. I think they were the best performing corps of the evening.

Cadets- Tonight they looked and played alittle tired tonight. That energy they had the previous three nights seemed to get sucked up by the 98 degree heat during morning practice. Their were moments of drum corps splender followed by little mental mistakes in marching and brass. The guard, after a day of being whipped into a higher level by their exellent staff and clean up woman extradinire April Gilligan Finally took top guard over an excellent Crown guard by .2. The Drums continue to improve and impress. The crowd was won over again and gave The Cadets a Standing ovation.

Crown- Crown suffered from the same heat induced malaze that The Cadets suffered from. Although the show is very very good they failed to produce that same energy of the previous three nights. Their "Triple Crown " show is simply fun to watch. But, along with that fun is an azz kicking drum corps ready to take the next step up. The horns are powerful, the drums are very good and the guard visually interprets their show perfectly. I could see them knocking off some of last years top six!

I got pulled away by some old drum corps buddies I haven't seen in years during Spiritso sorry!

Next show in Russelville, AL I'll give a recap of all the shows and my thoughts

Their short rendition of Malaguana is great.

Boston is playing Malaquena and La Fiesta?

I can just give my observations from where I was sitting regarding the Cadets. For the most part, the crowd enjoyed the show but there was a lot of head shaking and comments of the narration being overdone. Especially when the talking was over the playing. Sorry, but the babbling going on between the audience around me about the narration and the untimely narration itself took away from the show that the performers have been working so hard on. Not a big standing ovation in my section.

IMO, the Cadets have more than enough talent and spirit to let the show do the talking.

I can just give my observations from where I was sitting regarding the Cadets. For the most part, the crowd enjoyed the show but there was a lot of head shaking and comments of the narration being overdone. Especially when the talking was over the playing. Sorry, but the babbling going on between the audience around me about the narration and the untimely narration itself took away from the show that the performers have been working so hard on. Not a big standing ovation in my section.

IMO, the Cadets have more than enough talent and spirit to let the show do the talking.

What section were you sitting in?

i was at the show in Ga

I missed Corps Vets and Teal Sound

Boston- I liked Boston's music the first time I saw them in NC. The guard does great easal/ flag work in the opening song, although their brass and drums aren't as clean as Crowns and Cadets, they still produce a quality sound. Their short rendition of Malaguana is great. I think they were the best performing corps of the evening.

Cadets- Tonight they looked and played alittle tired tonight. That energy they had the previous three nights seemed to get sucked up by the 98 degree heat during morning practice. Their were moments of drum corps splender followed by little mental mistakes in marching and brass. The guard, after a day of being whipped into a higher level by their exellent staff and clean up woman extradinire April Gilligan Finally took top guard over an excellent Crown guard by .2. The Drums continue to improve and impress. The crowd was won over again and gave The Cadets a Standing ovation.

Crown- Crown suffered from the same heat induced malaze that The Cadets suffered from. Although the show is very very good they failed to produce that same energy of the previous three nights. Their "Triple Crown " show is simply fun to watch. But, along with that fun is an azz kicking drum corps ready to take the next step up. The horns are powerful, the drums are very good and the guard visually interprets their show perfectly. I could see them knocking off some of last years top six!

I got pulled away by some old drum corps buddies I haven't seen in years during Spiritso sorry!

Next show in Russelville, AL I'll give a recap of all the shows and my thoughts

Thank you for actually reviewing the show instead of rewriting it! :doh:

Those babbling around you should shut up. The narration itself IS part of the show, it is part of what they have been working on.

From the video...exactly what happens. The narration IS part of "the show".