Comprehensive Atlanta Brass Classic Review

Holy Moses! Could we blow this more out of proportion??? Two people expressed disappointment that he didn't include the Cadets in his self-titled "comprehensive" review. And they didn't even really get nasty about it. Technically speaking, they have a point. And even those who have had problems with him in the past have stated very clearly that they ENJOYED his review! Lighten up, folks. He's a big boy. He knows he ticks people off sometimes and he deals with it. Others should as well.

Edited by rut-roh

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do those reviewers call their reviews "comprehensive"??

Just sayin...

If you want to point out a review of a show from this year that was more " comprehensive " than this one, would you care to tell us which one it is that you believe was MORE comprehensive ? I'd be more than happy to see how it stacks up compared with this one ( even with the one corps he didn't view ) for " comprehensiveness ". This review, in my oipinion, was the most " comprehensive " I've read so far this season. Some reviews of shows this year included all the Corps, but had as little as one sentence comments at best ( which is fine in my opinion as well ).But to each his own.

Edited by X DM

Holy Moses! Could we blow this more out of proportion??? Two people expressed disappointment that he didn't include the Cadets in his self-titled "comprehensive" review. And they didn't even really get nasty about it. Technically speaking, they have a point. And even those who have had problems with him in the past have stated very clearly that they ENJOYED his review! Lighten up, folks. He's a big boy. He knows he ticks people off sometimes and he deals with it. Others should as well.

No big deal. A couple ( 2 ) of posters got their panties in a bunch because he didn't review their favorite Corps.... a " headliner " ...and so they had a " problem " ( one poster's words ) with the review here above. I 'm guessing the Cadets will be reviewed again this season, so they can learn to stop fidgetting and forget their" problem " with this guys review. It's not lke the Cadets havn't been reviewed enough by others so far this season. But I agree, " relax " is good advice all around when people post a review on here.

Edited by X DM

Boy I hope no other reviewer on here does something like go to get food, take a smoke break, or god forbid, go to the bathroom during a corps and then dare to write a review for the rest of the season.

Boy I hope no other reviewer on here does something like go to get food, take a smoke break, or god forbid, go to the bathroom during a corps and then dare to write a review for the rest of the season.

Trust me, when "I" review Cadets, these "muppets that sit up in the balcony type" folks are gonna wish I hadn't !!! :sshh:

Great review Jordan, very comprehensive, albeit not all-inclusive. At least some understand comprehensive is a description of the type of review, not the action of reviewing all that took place.

Sheesh....

~G~

Especially if they label it "comprehensive."

ok, i'll stop now...

:P

...anyway.

Thank you for your review. I enjoyed reading it very much. Your review of my corps is appreciated and I feel that you were accurate in your assessment of us. We will be at the Georgia Dome performing during the break. Please try to catch our show and write another review. We'll also be in competition at the JSU show the next day where a "first in the South" event will take place; TWO DCA all-age corps competing in a DCI show. Us and Music City Legend, a fine corps from TN. Props to DCI and DCA for working together to grow the all-age activity.

Unless I'm mistaken, approx. 25-35% of the reviews that are done by posters on here, for one reason or another, did not include ALL the Corps that performed and competed in the show. There are reviews on here from last week in which the reviewers said " did not see the Corps ", and you had no " problem " with it from near as I can tell. You need to relax as you have a " problem " it appears with anyone who says a contrary thing from your position about the Cadets...... or worse...... doesn't say a thing at all about the Cadets.

You could not be more wrong. First of all, my initial viewings of Cadets this summer I was quite displeased with what I saw. I have not seen them since, but am enjoying all the reports given. Secondly, this is not just an omission because he got sick or had to go to the bathroom. . .we all know why he is not commenting on them and/or did not watch them. Also, again, I said it was his choice and probably a good one since his past actions have proven he can't handle acting maturely in those situations.

Actually, Jami, the ones getting nasty in this thread are not George or myself. . .so chill.