Comprehensive Atlanta Brass Classic Review

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets

Because I did not view this corps’ performance, I cannot comment on it..

Wow! That's a pretty strong protest against their show.

Hmm...I wonder if I... :huh:

You're a hoot, Hrothgar. Please, don't lie. I know you stayed for The Cadets show.

Great review...Even though I agree with what you believe on a lot of topics, you somehow find creative ways to annoy the crap out of me...but I have to admit you write a great review :P Props to you.

Hrothgar,

Great review. I find myself agreeing on most points. Overall great show.

Wish I'd known that was you sitting next to my wife & me on the 50 yd line

I would have enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for the kind words about my son, the SPIRIT trumpet player.

My first drum corps experience was Finals in 1980 B'ham hearing SPIRIT play Georgia on My Mind. I can't tell

you how proud I was to hear my son play the Georgia solo Saturday nite during the SPIRIT encore some 27 yrs later.

DCI dad

SPIRIT supporter

JJ's dad

Hrothgar,

Great review. I find myself agreeing on most points. Overall great show.

Wish I'd known that was you sitting next to my wife & me on the 50 yd line

I would have enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for the kind words about my son, the SPIRIT trumpet player.

My first drum corps experience was Finals in 1980 B'ham hearing SPIRIT play Georgia on My Mind. I can't tell

you how proud I was to hear my son play the Georgia solo Saturday nite during the SPIRIT encore some 27 yrs later.

DCI dad

SPIRIT supporter

JJ's dad

Again, you should be really proud. I had accidentally left out some words about Spirit's show due to a backup copy of the file that I had forgotten about, but now I edited it to reflect that version, so you might want to check it out in the review again. :)

Wow! That's a pretty strong protest against their show.

Hmm...I wonder if I... :huh:

Methinks Hrothgar has found his hotdog corps...

As usual, wonderful review top to bottom. I didn't get to see this show, as we were hanging with Teal and sharing a dinner. I appreciate it, and really feel as though I was there. Props once again.

:P

Edited by CVQuesty

I know its his prerogative, but I just have a problem with someone going to a show to support the activity and then choosing not to view a show. Its a shame, but again his choice.

I know its his prerogative, but I just have a problem with someone going to a show to support the activity and then choosing not to view a show. Its a shame, but again his choice.

well - why call it a "comprehensive review" when he didn't view or comment on the headlining corps at the competition!!?? :huh: