Comprehensive Atlanta Brass Classic Review

well - why call it a "comprehensive review" when he didn't view or comment on the headlining corps at the competition!!?? :huh:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

But, I guess not watching is better than him being immature and yelling something stupid during their show and ruining it for those around him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well - why call it a "comprehensive review" when he didn't view or comment on the headlining corps at the competition!!?? :huh:

Guys....give him a break. He said he wasnt commenting on them this year, and he's done a good job of that so far. I would rather see one omission in a review than have to see every thread hijacked with his anti-narr rants, and have to hear the ill-conceived plots to hang banners and shout rude remarks during quiet sections.

Sooo... go hrothgar :P

Exactly - you yell when he does comment, you yell when he doesn't.

The kid can't win.

For the record, I thought the review was probably one of the best I've read in recent years. Great job Jordan.

no one was yelling in this thread - i've seen it in others.

I know its his prerogative, but I just have a problem with someone going to a show to support the activity and then choosing not to view a show. Its a shame, but again his choice.

Unless I'm mistaken, approx. 25-35% of the reviews that are done by posters on here, for one reason or another, did not include ALL the Corps that performed and competed in the show. There are reviews on here from last week in which the reviewers said " did not see the Corps ", and you had no " problem " with it from near as I can tell. You need to relax as you have a " problem " it appears with anyone who says a contrary thing from your position about the Cadets...... or worse...... doesn't say a thing at all about the Cadets.

Unless I'm mistaken, approx. 25-35% of the reviews that are done by posters on here, for one reason or another, did not include ALL the Corps that performed and competed in the show. There are reviews on here from last week in which the reviewers said " did not see the Corps ", and you had no " problem " with it from near as I can tell. You need to relax as you have a " problem " it appears with anyone who says a contrary thing from your position about the Cadets...... or worse...... doesn't say a thing at all about the Cadets.

Do those reviewers call their reviews "comprehensive"??

Just sayin...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

But, I guess not watching is better than him being immature and yelling something stupid during their show and ruining it for those around him.

I think the personal attacks on this poster are unseemly. He attacked NO Corps, nor ANY poster in his review here. As for the Cadets who he " did not view ", he said his benchmark for great historical performances that he felt set the standard for outstanding comparative excellance were 2 Corps....... one of which was The Cadets from a previous year

And why are a couple of posters interested in a review on the Cadets to the exclusion of so many other Corps that we have not have had much reviews on so far in htis early season ? Why are we so consumed with an interest level only exist for " the headliners " ? It's not as if we on't have enough reviews on these " headliners " so far....... and the nasty personal attack on this poster ( who did an outstanding review I thought on the Corps he actually saw ) was unneccessary on this thread.

TXMystreaux........ would you like to share with us here which shows you have been to this year, so we'll know where you are coming from with your nasty personal attacks on this poster, and how many times you have seen your favorite Corps this year...... the Cadets ?

Edited by X DM

Exactly - you yell when he does comment, you yell when he doesn't.

The kid can't win.

For the record, I thought the review was probably one of the best I've read in recent years. Great job Jordan.

Couldn't agree more. If a few posters have an ax to grind with this reviewer from perceiced past ills, they were not well served to attack his review and him personally on this particular thread in my opinion. The reviewer is being criticised here by some because he failed to give a review on a Corps he did not see. Heck we have posters on this site commenting on Corps giving us their reviews or takes, and making predictions,, etc...... and yet, they havn't been to a show this year. I'll take the latter poster who reserves judgement and says nothing over a person who is critical of a review or critical of the reviewer, and yet hasn't put down a nickel yet in attendance at any show this season.