Comprehensive Atlanta Brass Classic Review

Wrong. . .again. Evil intent? Where did you pull that out of?

I said his past actions have proven he does not handle those situations well. His immaturity is well documented from last season when it comes to dealing with shows with narration. He has however handled himself very well this summer.

I did not say reviewing them would have been immature. You've made the most noise in opposition to George and I since our initial posts.

As far as a big deal, you've made this much more a big deal than anyone else.

Now, back on topic, the review was well done, in spite of the omission.

If you can find a single post on here from me in which I've made ANY" noise in opposition to George's posts ", you get a free DCI Calendar. As far as attacking this reviewers perceived past " immaturity", it was not neccessary on this thread in my opinion. Start another thread on that, or wait until the reviewer displays such " immaturity " in your view again. Or otherwise, expect some feedback from others when you state you have a " problem " with a review. But that's my final comment on this, as I think we all spoke our mind on the " problem " with this review and the reviewers alleged past " immaturity " on this thread.

Edited by X DM

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome review!! Thanks!!!

great review Jordan.

Thank you for observing every single aspect of the show possible. I agree with almost every point dead on, for once.

Wish you would have stuck around during The Cadets, but no big deal. Glad to hear you had a good time at the show.

~>conner

hey guys... can we take all the complaining and arguing into one of the other thousand threads in which there is complaining and arguing? Like it or not, Jordan did give a very complete review of the corps he chose to watch, and I for one think we should give him applause for having one of the best reviews on DCP, instead of lambasting him because he chose not to watch one of the corps.

~>conner

hey guys... can we take all the complaining and arguing into one of the other thousand threads in which there is complaining and arguing? Like it or not, Jordan did give a very complete review of the corps he chose to watch, and I for one think we should give him applause for having one of the best reviews on DCP, instead of lambasting him because he chose not to watch one of the corps.

~>conner

I don't think I lambasted him. I actually said it was probably a good idea not to given past actions.

Seriously... DCP arguing gets old, very quickly. <**>

Great review, Hrothgar. I really enjoyed it. I wish you could have reviewed The Cadets, but whatev. :) You'll be in Atlanta, right? If you do a review, I'll have to see if it matches my thoughts too, since I'll be there also.. watching all those fantastic corps. B)

Awesome review, can't wait to see what Dillon did with Boston's brass in Rome B)

ANYWAY great review Hrothgar, thanks a bunch.

I'm still not understanding the lushness and perfection adjectives people are using to describe Crown's hornline...maybe they just had an off night in Benson last week...we'll see!

You are amazing, Hrothgar! I don't think I've ever read reviews that were so well put together. Simply Amazing. Thanks!

Edited by Slides of Mass Destruction

.....just a quick observation: How come in every thread I've read (which isn't a lot), every time the Cadets are mentioned, there is ALWAYS an arguement.

Think about it: If someone says the Cadets are doing great this year, someone's going to blam them for their narraration. If someone says the Cadets are doing horribly this year, someone's going to accuse that person of being anti-narraration. And as of now, if someone Abstains on mentioning the Cadets, it leads to an arguement........sheesh....