Blue Knights vs. Crown and Boston

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's more accurate IMO.

Phantom besting Crown by 5 points is not likely just in two nights when they were barely up over them by 2 points tonight.

I see BK being closer to BAC, based on numbers flow this week.

I think a couple of judges in LExington bumped their heads tonight

How so? Because the corps you wanted to win did not win?

Based on the spreads I would expect it to be like this

Phantom - Winner

Crown about 2.5-3 points back

BK about 6 points back

Boston about 6 points back

Crossmen about 11.5 points back

I think a couple of judges in LExington bumped their heads tonight

No, they got it more or less correct. I would have had the spread between Phantom and Crown a bit larger. And maybe the spread between Cadets and Phantom a bit smaller. But other than that, right on.

No, they got it more or less correct. I would have had the spread between Phantom and Crown a bit larger. And maybe the spread between Cadets and Phantom a bit smaller. But other than that, right on.

Did you attend the show? you are basing this on what?

Not on the numbers anyway. I had friends at the show last night that called and were a little surprised the scores went down the way they did.

Did you attend the show? you are basing this on what?

Not on the numbers anyway. I had friends at the show last night that called and were a little surprised the scores went down the way they did.

Why don't you ask your buddy supersop if he attended the show? He seemed to think the judges messed up, but I guess that opinion is ok because he's a big fan of Crown this year. He may have attended the show for all I know, I have no idea. And even if he or I did attend the show, who really cares? The show is over and there's another show tonight. I've seen Phantom's show. I've seen Crown's show. I have a good idea of where those two corps are at right now (and I've got friends who were there last night too!).

Relax. I'll see Crown this weekend. I'll make sure I genuflect as they enter the field and avert my eyes to their overwhelming awesomeness, showering them with praise at every turn, begging for anyone to listen as I expound on why they're getting robbed in brass and should have won the Ott Trophy the last three years because their "sound" is so perfect. :)

(i kid...)

You can bet because they will all be at pretty close to the same competitive range in the end that Crown who has been scoring very well will have their score flatten out and that the Blue Knights and BAC scores will continue to climb. This is what has happened in the past and I think will happen this year. Even if it is not at the show in question. It's a fun season isn't it?? I can't wait to see all the corps in San Antonio, what a bad a@@ show that is going to be!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Now I'm a fan and a big supporter of BK, but why on earth does Crown's scores HAVE to flatten out and BK and Boston will climb? This could go in reverse or any other combinations of the three groups. If you have seen BK's show and from what I can tell that you have not, the concern I have with it is has a very down ending. It doesn't grab the audience and excite them to get off their feet w/ a standing ovation. I've spoke with some the kids I know in the corps about this (about 10--15 of them) and they are hoping for a change to the ending but at this point, and I sat with the brass staff the other night, there is no plans for any changes to the closer. The ovations have been more of the "polite" variety. Just a few more layers added here and there. I have watch the entire show w/ run thrus about 30 times and it is getting cleaner, but it is more of a question of getting it perfected by the time Pasadena rolls around. I enjoy the body movements and dancing that is now becoming a BK staple and I know many on here who do not care for it. Are the judges giving them credit for what they are trying to do as opposed to personally not being a fan of the movements themselves? Who knows, but if the choreography is dirty and distracting, I don't see them getting the love