Thousands of marching members will lose over and over

Maybe placements should be illiminated except on the weekends or the last week of the season to minimize the causualties.

Mom

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe placements should be illiminated except on the weekends or the last week of the season to minimize the causualties.

Mom

Competition drives us all. Human nature. Drum corps is not for the weak minded, obviously.

Mom

Wow. I think that's actually a very terrible idea. If you actually believe it. Which you probably don't. Will probably make for an active thread, though.

I've seen scores Illuminated, but never illiminated.

If you illiminate scoring and placements, members will be loosing themselves all over the field.

FYI guys,

Snapettes Mom is a dude.

I saw some people say "she" and "her" in the other threads.

Mom

Firefox could have prevented this tragedy.

I think Snappettes is afraid that people's egos are going to be crushed if they come in second, every few days...

I guarentee you that it's not ALWAYS about the scores. I think the kids of corps not in the top 12 have the right idea. They do it because they love it.

Would I eliminate scores? No. Does it make some corps staff power crazy? Yes. But it is the system we have. It's like all things in life, you don't win all the time. Not everyone gets a gold star in everything they do. If you eliminate the score system, then you eliminate rewarding those that acheive true greatness.

/end soapbox

We'll lets say you were playing a soccer game and your team was made up of the left overs in a competitive league and you went up against the more talented players all season and were getting your (blank) kicked by huge point gaps. Most likely the official score would not be shown on the score board or other members from the dominate team would have to sit on the bench to balance the competition

Mom.

I think Snappettes is afraid that people's egos are going to be crushed if they come in second, every few days...

We'll lets say you were playing a soccer game and your team was made up of the left overs in a competitive league and you went up against the more talented players all season and were getting your (blank) kicked by huge point gaps. Most likely the official score would not be shown on the score board or other members from the dominate team would have to sit on the bench to balance the competition

Mom.

I've played on the receiving end of that scenario. They still posted the score. 22-0. It's what happens when they move the Varsity pitcher down to JV for a game...