Thousands of marching members will lose over and over

Wait a minute there. Drum Corps is not a professional sport. It's just a hobby that includes extreme psychological presure to inforce repetative motion to the body and muscle memory among other thangs.

Mom

Anything where you devote yourself to 10-12 hour days during Everydays

And your whole summer on the road.

I would consider that pretty _____ close to professional.

And as far as "Thangs" go

All I'm going to say, is LOL

Edited by 07-Socks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's okay. I've beat BD and were still friends.

Mom

That seems a little harsh... we are all friends here :)

Maybe placements should be illiminated except on the weekends or the last week of the season to minimize the causualties.

Mom

Maybe we can all sit silently in the stands and not clap or cheer because God forbid if we like one corps over another. At least no one gets their feelings hurt. And instead of a corps doing an encore, everybody can sit in the middle of the field and sing folk songs about peace, love and happiness.

That seems a little harsh... we are all friends here :)

Best Friends Forever?

Troll. Now I'm sure of it.

You're all feeding it.

It just feels right.

BD and SCV have a lot of WGI cats and you can see that strong influence on the field. They just get a little freaked out about how much more they have to run compared to the basketball court.

Mom

Sport of the Arts. Oh! wait that's WGI ; :laugh:

Wait a minute there. Drum Corps is not a professional sport. It's just a hobby that includes extreme psychological presure to inforce repetative motion to the body and muscle memory among other thangs.

Mom

According to Bobby Knight who used to take (at the time) his Indiana Hoosier team to watch Star of Indiana, it is an athletic event. Have you ever marched dude? I am just curious do you really believe what you are spouting, because if you have marched you'd know that the Drum Corps regime is harder than anything done in athletics both mentaly and physically. I was a 4 sport athelete and what we in practice for corps was far more taxing than sports. Not a sport??? Maybe try it and give us your real name and step up to the proverbial plate and then I'll respect your take!!

Wesley R. Perkins

BK '97 '98

OHS Band Director

Teacher for 8 years