Thousands of marching members will lose over and over

BD and SCV have a lot of WGI cats and you can see that strong influence on the field. They just get a little freaked out about how much more they have to run compared to the basketball court.

Mom

Trust me, those 'cats' don't freak about the size of the stage in any venue. AND there are WGI folks marching in ALL the corps.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's cool about your personal achievements. (I think Bobbie had problems if he had to humilate his team by forcing them to watch Star) Yes I have marched. Just Google.

Mom

According to Bobby Knight who used to take (at the time) his Indiana Hoosier team to watch Star of Indiana, it is an athletic event. Have you ever marched dude? I am just curious do you really believe what you are spouting, because if you have marched you'd know that the Drum Corps regime is harder than anything done in athletics both mentaly and physically. I was a 4 sport athelete and what we in practice for corps was far more taxing than sports. Not a sport??? Maybe try it and give us your real name and step up to the proverbial plate and then I'll respect your take!!

Wesley R. Perkins

BK '97 '98

OHS Band Director

Teacher for 8 years

Well that's cool about your personal achievements. (I think Bobbie had problems if he had to humilate his team by forcing them to watch Star) Yes I have marched. Just Google.

Mom

I think it was more than likely because it was the closest...

IU - Indiana

Star - Indiana

Connection, maybe?

Yah right. You ever try to run 200 bpm in Texas this time of year with tenors on and play clean. You must be kidding me.

Mom

Trust me, those 'cats' don't freak about the size of the stage in any venue. AND there are WGI folks marching in ALL the corps.

Yah right. You ever try to run 200 bpm in Texas this time of year with tenors on and play clean. You must be kidding me.

Mom

I think that with some of your topics that you have started, we have the right to NOT take you seriously.

hrm

I think that with some of your topics that you have started, we have the right to NOT take you seriously.

I'm not saying that you have to be totally strict.

But come on now.

At least have a good topic every once in a while.

According to Bobby Knight who used to take (at the time) his Indiana Hoosier team to watch Star of Indiana, it is an athletic event. Have you ever marched dude? I am just curious do you really believe what you are spouting, because if you have marched you'd know that the Drum Corps regime is harder than anything done in athletics both mentaly and physically. I was a 4 sport athelete and what we in practice for corps was far more taxing than sports. Not a sport??? Maybe try it and give us your real name and step up to the proverbial plate and then I'll respect your take!!

Wesley R. Perkins

BK '97 '98

OHS Band Director

Teacher for 8 years

Oh, oh, oh...

Oh, oh, oh...disrespect for another DCPoster!! I'm no longer alone in the "I don't care what you think" category!!

1.) wes and socks--sorry to drag you into a previous post--hope it doesn't take over the thread and throw you guys under the bus--drag me down if it does...

2.) mom--not sayin' anything towards you--and Texas is currently a part of the Gulf of Mexico--little bit of rain lately

3.) Drum Corps is a sport. I know--I have the sweat marks to prove it.

Mom

Texas Born and Bred!!! I Aint never dun ben affected by no heat!! Yee Haw!!!

Wes P

San Antonio

Maybe placements should be illiminated except on the weekends or the last week of the season to minimize the causualties.

Mom

Hmmmm...maybe, but I don't think that will ever happen.

The members don't get paid for participating in this activity. I just think of the scoring as a little incentive to doing better every show. Sure, illiminating scores may (although I am not really sure about this) minimize the casualties, but in the long run, I think scoring helps us to see how much better the corps are doing throughout the season. Personally, I was (and still am) a VERY competitive person and I honestly marched to win. But I am sure there are lots of kids who participate in this activity just for the fun and the satisfaction of working together for a common goal.

....just my .02 cents....