Sunnyvale, CA - 6/30/07 Review

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hint to the Mandarins

...bring back the Dragon..that kicked butt!

It was in the Friday show in Elk Grove and missing from Sunnyvale/Modesto.

...put your 3 congo players in a more visiable spot, they give your show some uniqueness, they are crunched in with the Pit now.

Hint to the Mandarins

...bring back the Dragon..that kicked butt!

It was in the Friday show in Elk Grove and missing from Sunnyvale/Modesto.

...put your 3 congo players in a more visiable spot, they give your show some uniqueness, they are crunched in with the Pit now.

Ah... I think you mean the TIKO players? Congo and Tiko are very different... even I know that, and I am a guard person! :P

Nice review ....i was there as well, here are a couple of my thoughts on the night:

div 3 -

BDC- Cutest darn kids in the drum corps world.

VK - Nice to see them back, entertaining to watch, but i cant see them being a big contender come finals.

Impulse - Good show design, but at a musical standpoint the hornline is completely covered up by the large drum line. If

they can fill there holes in the hornline they may have a decent chance in august.

Fever - Whew! This corps is in it to win it this year! They have a great guard, that compliments the amazing hornline who is of course accompanied by a strong percussion section. Overall a really strong show. I rank them top 3 in finals for sure.

Div 2 - BDB - Strong hornline this year. Show is pretty clean, lots of individual errors in every section of the corps. If they clean is up a bit, they will have a strong final package at the end of the season.

SCVC - Dirty Dirty Dirty, Soooo much work to do. I marched low brass so when i see hornline members struggling to hold there horns properly it really bothers me. Show just looks to hard for them.

Div 1 - Mandarins - Good show, Entertaining, the hornline is much stronger than the past couple years. The guard is about the same as i remember them always being. Good but nothing special really. Drumline and pit are definantly the strongest sections. Nice uniform change.

Overall scores were well deserved, i would have given Fever a few more points, but eh...what can you do? .......Mandarins and Fever are highly improved from last year, i'd definantly keep an eye on them for the rest of the season.

Santa Clara Vanguard - Euphonium 97

Concord Blue Devils - Baritone 94 - 96

Hardcore DCI FAN - 98 -present