A controversial thought...

Then no one could find the existing "Historical Discussion" on a given topic so they would start a new one.

So - we gave it is own forum - its a little secluded - I agree - but it makes the topics easier to find which was necessary.

Late to the game, but this is why I stated Nay in another thread. The historical discussion will not take place because it will be drowned out by all of the quaint "Who's the best Mellophone line going to be this year? SCV or Cadets?"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see where you are coming from Nikk. But I do like having a more mellow

place to hang out on DCP. and this is it. Rarely do you see nearly the amount of

bickering that goes on over on the main area.

I love to come over here, not as many flaming arguments and it is laid back for us older folk. :P It seems like some of those younger whipper snappers would want to come over here and get a little history perspective from some of us older folks. :P

Can we just get in a car and go kick this guys ###???

Hi Rich....do you know sign? b**bs

I've drifted in and out of discussion forums and newsgroups for years, and have seen this debate a million times. I can assure you it's the same in every country that has drum corps or band season, however small. What's constant is that the "old" people always seem to have an interest in drum corps in the years before, during and after they were involved, whereas the "young" people only seem to be interested in the activity during the present and recent past. I can't tell you why this is, but it's a theme which runs through all discussion groups. There seems to be a line at about 1995 which divides the 2 groups.

I sometimes wonder whether it's the "winning is everything" society we now live in, where our own competition is all that's important, and everything else is irrelevant.

Anyway, my vote, for what it's worth is to keep it separate. I've spent many happy hours in the past few days browsing through here, and I'd hate to have to wade through a mass of almost unreadable drivel in order to pick out the good stuff. The butchery of the English language is something I don't want to get started on.

Disclaimer: I know there are exceptions to all this, so don't bother.

Can we just get in a car and go kick this guys @##???

Hi Rich....do you know sign? b**bs

What the heck is your problem, pal?

I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this? You're more than welcome to get in that car and come try....but I assure you that you will be unpleasantly surprised.

Sheesh. What a buffoon.

What the heck is your problem, pal?

I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this? You're more than welcome to get in that car and come try....but I assure you that you will be unpleasantly surprised.

Sheesh. What a buffoon.

Lol...so much for the laid-back more seasoned types :P

Lol...so much for the laid-back more seasoned types :P

Heh. No kidding.

By the way, to that poster...

I've been around DCP since the beginning. This is my second screen name in that time. People who need to know me, or care to know me, know who I am. Those who don't, can find out easily. Those that don't care to know me or find out, well...I really could care less if they know who I am or not. I don't publish my name with my posts for a good reason, but neither am I anonymous.

I marched in the early 1990s with a top three (at the time) corps.

I don't see how this is important to the discussion, or even to the point i was making, but it seemed like important information to you, so there you have it.