A controversial thought...

What is so controversial about this again?

I really don't think it's very controversial....but apparently, there are plenty who do. For what it is worth, I see the point in what some have said, about wanting a quieter place to talk corps from another era.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s a reason why my grandfather liked the retirement home, the people there knew what he was talking about. Leave us in our own home please.

JMO.

Dale

What the heck is your problem, pal?

I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this? You're more than welcome to get in that car and come try....but I assure you that you will be unpleasantly surprised.

Sheesh. What a buffoon.

There in lay my point...take a deep breath...good boy.

I was just playing. I think you made Lancerlady's point for her though, thanks.

Oh you tough guy you.... b**bs

Bluecoats Win! Biggest Upset in Drum Corps History

Seeing this post this morning about an early season show in OH just confirmed my feelings that most (not all) of the people that post on the Div. 1 page have no clue what drum corps was.

I'm feeling old, I need a nap.

Segregating the"historical" discussions of drum and bugle corps (and using an arbitrary number such as pre-1995) really does not help our activity, and contributes to the segregation of old vs new in our activity.

There are plenty of things that can be learned by having historical discussions on the main page. We are all in this together as fans and/or former members...there is no sense in segregating us.

I call for the abolishment of the Historical Discussion section, and the integration into the main forum.

While I tend to agree with you that it would be great to have current corps members accessing the historical threads, I think history has shown (no pun intended) that by and large, most of them don't. So threads that are historical in nature get buried in all the current discussions. I would hate to lose a thread like the priceless "old corps photos" thread in the midst of all that. So I think having a separate forum is a good idea.

It seems we can't win for losing around here lately. If you come here into our own arena to discuss "the good ole days" they want to take that away, but GOD FORBID if we say ANYTHING about another era in the general discussion forum. I have seen it all here lately. :ph34r:

I have been lambasted lately anytime I even MENTION anything about the years I marched, whether in making a comparison or just simply asking a question about anything. I've been accused of being self centered, living in the past and some other nasty names that have been ignored when reported. When in reality I'm just usually asking a question or trying to make a light joke that seems to fall on angry ears. :sshh: It seems lately I've been "misread" on here.

So please let us keep this so we can just have our discussions up here about when we marched and leave those who don't really want to know about the history of the activity, have their discussions about what seems important to them.

Let them have their discussions about what ever. I guess the next time I want to ask a question that has any dealings with the years I marched, I'll just post them up here in civility land. :P

Bluecoats Win! Biggest Upset in Drum Corps History

Seeing this post this morning about an early season show in OH just confirmed my feelings that most (not all) of the people that post on the Div. 1 page have no clue what drum corps was.

I'm feeling old, I need a nap.

As that has already happened, does'nt that count as historical? :P

I don't mind being old.

You can't be old... because I'm not old yet!

:ph34r:- Thanks T. Brace for the kiltlifter!

"I'm 37. I'm not old."

"Well, I can't just call you 'man.'"

"You c'd call me Dennis."

"I didn't know you were called Dennis."