A controversial thought...

I like the Historical Forums as it is.....it's the first place I visit when I come on here.

You are constantly seeing other folks who marched when you did so they understand your perspective a little better than some young kid fresh off the field.

...oooorrrrrrr some arm chair slingo who has never been on the field.

Slingo? Look it up. B)

So where did the chips go? Huh? B)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the argument (for me anyways) is whether it's necessary or not. My problem is in how the moderators move stuff over here way too quickly.

Well than, perhaps a strongly worded letter to the Times is called for. :wub:

Anyone want pancakes??? B)

Segregating the"historical" discussions of drum and bugle corps (and using an arbitrary number such as pre-1995) really does not help our activity, and contributes to the segregation of old vs new in our activity.

There are plenty of things that can be learned by having historical discussions on the main page. We are all in this together as fans and/or former members...there is no sense in segregating us.

I call for the abolishment of the Historical Discussion section, and the integration into the main forum.

So lets change our educational system....change American History and European History to HISTORY. Also, just change Algebra, Trig and Calc to MATHEMATICS

Drum corps history is history. Some of us can discuss the old days and the younger people who could care less about the history or the old days of drum corps can discuss the present state of drum corps in their own forum. Sounds fine with me.

The reason I like it here is that "us people" who were around before 1980 and remember that big DCI year of 1976...we can understand what drum corps was about. I hate talking to a young kid who "marches in a top 12 corps" and feels they know more about corps than we do. I also think that kids that march in a top 12 corps feel that they are better than the kid who marched in a top DivII or III corps. Here's another thing...what percentage of kids in top 12 corps have spent 5-8 years with that corps? In our day you could have marched with the same corps for 10 years or longer. That was loyalty man!

So Tsar, someone asked you how many years did you march?

The reason I like it here is that "us people" who were around before 1980 and remember that big DCI year of 1976...we can understand what drum corps was about. I hate talking to a young kid who "marches in a top 12 corps" and feels they know more about corps than we do. I also think that kids that march in a top 12 corps feel that they are better than the kid who marched in a top DivII or III corps. Here's another thing...what percentage of kids in top 12 corps have spent 5-8 years with that corps? In our day you could have marched with the same corps for 10 years or longer. That was loyalty man!

So Tsar, someone asked you how many years did you march?

:wub: Easy tiger.

You got buttermilk or plain?

Both, wih fresh blueberries... b**bs