A controversial thought...

Well than, perhaps a strongly worded letter to the Times is called for. :wub:

Anyone want pancakes??? B)

OhhhKay????

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I like it here is that "us people" who were around before 1980 and remember that big DCI year of 1976...we can understand what drum corps was about. I hate talking to a young kid who "marches in a top 12 corps" and feels they know more about corps than we do. I also think that kids that march in a top 12 corps feel that they are better than the kid who marched in a top DivII or III corps. Here's another thing...what percentage of kids in top 12 corps have spent 5-8 years with that corps? In our day you could have marched with the same corps for 10 years or longer. That was loyalty man!

So Tsar, someone asked you how many years did you march?

I believe he marched several years with Phantom in the early '90's. Get over your superiority complex. I think you've demonstrated why the 2 forums are necessary and it's not for the reason you've stated.

Okay, look...it seems that things are pretty mellow in here, right kids?

So perhaps when you all get a little "Intence" in the other forums, the moderating team is trying to say, "Hey, look at the old folks just kinda sitting there chewing the fat. I mean pancakes are the s@#$!" So perhaps, just perhaps, there is a lesson to be learned here. :wub:

Now who wants waffles? B)

I say we take it a step in the other direction. We should take this entire Historical Section and create a whole new website. One rule: No one under 30 and you must have marched at least 3 years with one corps.

I say we take it a step in the other direction. We should take this entire Historical Section and create a whole new website. One rule: No one under 30 and you must have marched at least 3 years with one corps.

You get whipped cream on your waffles... :wub:

I believe he marched several years with Phantom in the early '90's. Get over your superiority complex. I think you've demonstrated why the 2 forums are necessary and it's not for the reason you've stated.

No superiority complex dude!

If you knew me you'd know that I would never have that anyway.

To me and others, it's all about the memories and the fun. Competitions were fun and remembering all those great years is a wonderful thing. I would rather be here on DCP than RAMD. I was there and it was awful! I like the comraderie here, it's just a few who have nothing better to do than be jerks. Okay....I would like a waffle with whip cream and two cherries on top please!

No superiority complex dude!

If you knew me you'd know that I would never have that anyway.

I have one...well, I do.

Oh alright, I'm, "Low self esteem, too much alcohol"...cheap and easy B)

Okay....I would like a waffle with whip cream and two cherries on top please!

Do you want them crispy on the outside and warm and soft on the inside...like mom used to burn? b**bs