A controversial thought...

I say we take it a step in the other direction. We should take this entire Historical Section and create a whole new website. One rule: No one under 30 and you must have marched at least 3 years with one corps.

That would leave me out...... :(

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we take it a step in the other direction. We should take this entire Historical Section and create a whole new website. One rule: No one under 30 and you must have marched at least 3 years with one corps.

Why do we have to reinvent the wheel when what we have works perfectly well?

That would leave me out...... :(

No, you may have a waffle. No one gets left out. B)

One rule: No one under 30 and you must have marched at least 3 years with one corps.

:worthy: Well. It was fun participating in Historical while it lasted. PM me if I'm ever worthy again. :worthy:

Grrrrr...

I want it so anyone can play!!!

The way I see it is this, there are plenty of places you can go to get really #####d off and argue and banter about stuff you have no control over. The Historical section is like going to a museum in that it is quiet and respectful, I am trying to keep a straight face here, where it has already happened and for the most part people accept that there is no point bitc%ing about it, with the notable exception of certan tools of like to bring up '72 and '75.

So wafffles and pancakes all around...ready!

"Kumbaya ma lawd, Kumbaya..." B)

No superiority complex dude!

If you knew me you'd know that I would never have that anyway.

Hi Keith,

I think he is referring to the fact that Nikk Pilato (The Tsar) is a highly respected member of the drum corps community and of DCP. I too thought you were a bit harsh (in Historical Forum terms, of course - the other forum is much worse). But I don't generally care. Just thought it would be neighborly to explain.

Medeabrass just took the Untouchables approach in his response to you (which is all too common online). You know, "He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue"

Anyhow - strawberries and whip cream on mine, Mike! Anyone is welcome, we're open all knight.

Edited by randomnoise

Anyhow - strawberries and whip cream on mine, Mike! Anyone is welcome, we're open all knight.

Might that make me the head chef then?

Depends - how are your waffles? :P

(My 'error' was a reference to the infamous Open All Knights winter guard from Seattle, and amazingly fun group under the direction of the late, great Stanley Knaub)

Depends - how are your waffles? :P

Well, according to Scott Stewart, as of 1986 they were the most underrated in the Midwest. I made a whole lot of them in 81, then one morning in 82, lost about 18 of them, which I was never able to get back. Then, the next year, it looked like we were going to get a whole new waffle iron, but that disappeared around mid-summer, too. We kept making good waffles, but with fewer and fewer strawberries all decade. Around 1986 we started using a little bit of rock salt in the batter. For flavor, to make it unique.

I like them.

Controversy? Waffles? History? 1995? Let me think. I'd already been out of Drum Corps for over 20 years by 1995. When I think History of Junior Drum Corps, I think of the great 1965 VFW Nationals in Chicago and the Cavaliers of that year, seeing the Troopers for the first time at the 1964 World's Fair in Queens, New York or marching in my first "big" show (The 1965 New State American Legion Championships) in a little class "B" corps called the Queenaires where I first saw Saint Joe's of Batavia and St Joseph Patron Cadets which I joined the very next year. I played French Horn in the All City Orchestra (Horn in "F") and for the Music & Art High School orchestra and learned to play a bugle with the same name (with a a single piston and a slide!) as I marched so when I still think Drum Corps, I think in the key of "G" - I think of a 12 minute show with a beginning a middle and an ending.

And I think of a time when even though our country was going through great turmoil, the teenagers in Drum Corps all over America in our quiet way paid homage to our country every weekend in every show with a simple thing called the Color Presentation.

To me there's no controversy, just history. We can learn from it - or not.

Then we can eat our waffles with satisfied smiles.BrassmenOTL.jpg