DCI First Time

Hey everyone, I've been in marching band for six years now, and I'd never experienced drum corps until a couple weeks ago at the DCI Riverside show. I write for Halftime Magazine, so we got press passes to cover the event, and I have to say it was amazing. I'm trying to see if I can change my flight home to Seattle so I can find a way to be there for the finals in Pasadena... Anyway, I wrote an article about my experience, which you can read here:

http://halftimemag.com/articles/web-exclus...ps-groupie.html

Also, make sure to check out www.halftimemag.com. The first issue comes out in July, but my editor always loves getting story ideas and suggestions.

Yes, this is a new magazine that highlights the sights and sounds and spirit of marching band. I like how this magazine brings high school and college musician-athletes together through shared experiences from competitions, school spirit, and band traditions. There's not much out there like this!

I signed up, too!

-=GM=-

Aern't you supposed to be on tour GM? Your sure on DCP a lot.

I saw that "write for half-time magazine thing" a while back, but forgot where I saw it. I think I should have done it. How's that whole thing going for everyone?

Aern't you supposed to be on tour GM? Your sure on DCP a lot.

I saw that "write for half-time magazine thing" a while back, but forgot where I saw it. I think I should have done it. How's that whole thing going for everyone?

Yes, I'm on tour with Blue Knights as the Tour Director. I wasn't going to do anything with drum corps this summer after my 2 years as director of Revolution but Mark Arnold called right before tour and I couldn't say no. I'm glad I did. I'm having a great time. Good quality organization and the drum corps is doing very well. Makes an alum proud...

I'm online a lot because I recently got a cell phone "air card" and am able to log in as long as I get a cell phone signal. I just can't live without my internet!

Yes, I also did a feature on DCI 2006 Top 5 finalists for the first issue of Halftime Magazine (coming out in July at San Antonio DCI show). I think the publisher liked it...should be doing more on drum corps in the future articles, hopefully!

If you would like to submit an article for Halftime, drop them a line on their contact us on their website.

What are you doing this summer? Want to come on tour for a day or so? We're having a blast out here...drop me a line.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you didn't know who this is.

Matt here, the guy from Vegas who marched in 05 and is starting Desert Fire here in town. I'm stuck in my office all summer. Wish I could come on tour and help out, but I can't get away between work and finishing school. I did manage to find some time to sneak out next week, so I'll see you guys with some friends I marched with in San Antonio.

Hope alls well there!

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you didn't know who this is.

Matt here, the guy from Vegas who marched in 05 and is starting Desert Fire here in town. I'm stuck in my office all summer. Wish I could come on tour and help out, but I can't get away between work and finishing school. I did manage to find some time to sneak out next week, so I'll see you guys with some friends I marched with in San Antonio.

Oh, hey Matt! I didn't see your name when I looked at your DCP profile. Anyway, hope things are going well with Desert Fire. Give me a ring if you're out at a show!