All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Seems like a $50 donation would get you your wish. At least for one of those shows.
  3. Today
  4. Jeff, Just wanted to check and see if you were still looking to purchase 2003 DCI Championship CDs. I am currently rummaging in my basement to find my copy. Let me know when you get the chance. Thanks much. Regards, Paul
  5. I would love to see her reaction to 87 Cadets! Very old school but brilliant drill design! And it would be great to see her reaction to 87 SCV for the pageantry! Two very different but equally brilliant shows!
  6. For a while there I thought a nest of stenroh redrum had infiltrated the cloud that hosts the DCI site.
  7. It is back up and running this morning.
  8. You mean it's not doom and gloom and the end of the activity. It's simply a website under maintenance.
  9. I can't wait to see how this goes. I consider the Crossmen 2002 show one of the great "could have been" shows. I think they took captions from BD early on in NJ that year. But they all got sick iirc. Crossmen are amazing, but always seem to have the worst luck. But, I can't wait to see how the season goes from a member's perspective!!!
  10. yeah saw that several hours later. guess they do read dcp and social media
  11. Wow! Courtney kicking it old school! It was cool to see her react to a strictly drill oriented show! And it was cool to see she could distinguish between old school and new!
  12. The way she says Michael Gaines is great. They should recruit her to be show commentator/announcer at some show
  13. It's giving the following reply as of now: We’ll be back soon! Sorry for the inconvenience but we’re performing some maintenance at the moment. If you need to you can always contact us, otherwise we’ll be back online shortly! — The Team
  14. The Cavaliers taking 7th place was odd for them since they had won championships in 92 and 95 with excellent finishes in 90, 91, 93, and 94. Their Firebird show was a bit ahead of its' time. It was a great visual production with a strong musical finish. The Glassmen were, once again, proving to be a real competitor. The Age of Gold show with all the George Bizet music is really a great listen. I think I like 93 the best from the 90s, but the repertoire here is excellent. I forget who arranged their music back in the 90s but I was a real fan. That 8th place finish was solid and they beat their home state corps, Bluecoats, to grab some bragging rights. At this point in the 90s it felt like Glassmen were pulling farther ahead of Bloo. It was also clear they had talent and staff and a killer percussion section. Come 98 and 99 we would see Glassmen make top 5 both seasons. I might have been one of the few, but I loved BK from tip off to the end. The music of Ben Hur was well done, and BK was really know for some visual mastery. They were often considered the Cadets of the West by some friends of mine, mostly because of their visual packages. But they could also drum and play. Very interesting music and solid performance captions for the most part. Brass had moments that made my ears perk up for sure.
  15. I agree with others that Magic of Orlando had a fantastic and engaging opener with Lil' Liza Jane. Their Carnivale show was a stab at New Orleans jazz with a down-easy style of visual and fun. The opener was an attention getter, but the show felt somewhat vanilla after that. Solid closer. Bluecoats were very good. A strong jazz show. They just didn't have the overall GE and performance caption excellence like they did in 95 - which I think was their best 90s show. But I appreciated the demand in the brass book in 97. Every chart they played was excellent but the opener did it for me. I thought competitively the corps was ready to make a jump after the 95 season but placement began to suffer in 97 (though a really good and talented corps). They managed to take 10th in 98, but fell out of the top 12 in 1999. During that same time the Glassmen would move up to 5th place in 98 and 99. I believe that sparked some change in Canton, OH for sure. It was again nice to see Carolina Crown in the top 12. It was obvious this corps was going somewhere. Their Postcards from Britain felt a little like the show Star of Indiana performed in 1989. Great arranging. The Colts Blood, Sweat, and Tears show is definitely one of my favs from them. God Bless the Child has always been one of my favorite tunes. I wonder how many 13th place finishes this corps has had? They have been on the doorstep of top 12 so many times it seems. Truly a great corps. Kiwanis Kavaliers blew me away. I love that music. All those great arias and ballad from Evita. Also, I want to say the great Doug Thrower was arranging for them as well as Bluecoats in those days...but I am not positive. I know he wrote for some Canadian corps back in the day. Very easy to root for this show and if you can find a recording or video of this I think you will like it. I have to admit to not remembering this show from Boston so I might see if I can watch some video to get a feel for what they were doing. The rep looks great to me. The same is true with Acadamie Musicale.
  16. With Watchmen Drum & Bugle Corps 2020 season being on hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which means my (Michael Nash) duty as Tour Manager was also on hiatus. What will I do with all of those free weekends this summer? I am an artist, but stone carving in a 2 bedroom apartment is out […] View the full article
  17. What do you mean? There won’t be any scores for The Cavaliers for the 2020 season. The season is cancelled. Has your creative mind gone mad after spending too much time in COVID-19 quarantine? No, we get it. But we also know that everyone involved in drum corps waits for scores to be posted during […] View the full article
  18. Congratulations to the Blue Stars’ members graduating from College and High School in 2020. We wish we could honor you in person, but know that your hard work is recognized and celebrated. Finis Coronat Opus! Read the rest of the article here. View the full article
  19. Welcome to the Inaugural Run Along the Rockies Virtual 5k race, supporting the Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps, along with Ascend Performing Arts. Registration is open from June 1 until July 12, 2020, coinciding with the annual Drums Along the Rockies, Colorado’s premier marching music event. The cost of this inaugural race is $35. […] View the full article
  20. Yesterday
  21. I was really proud to learn that my son had listened to this tape while he was on tour with Blue Stars in 2019 (trumpet & “dogsled driver”).
  1. Load more activity