Posting photos

TennTux

Can help with this.....

OK, I've "attempted" to post photos in the past and there must be something I'm NOT doing...

Is there anyone that can post instructions as to how to post photos? What photo sharing site(s) work and what ones don't?

I am "registered" and use, Webshots, Snapfish, Flickr, Photobucket and Yahoo. So it must be something I'm doing, not that I dont have the right photo sharing program(s) (OR, am I still missing THE one that works?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated :angry:

Thank you in advance,

Tony B)

PS: you could PM me if you would rather, just thought others might have the same question. My apologies if this has been asked and answered in the past. (I've looked but couldn't find it) :angry:

Edited by TennTux

Can help with this.....

OK, I've "attempted" to post photos in the past and there must be something I'm NOT doing...

Is there anyone that can post instructions as to how to post photos? What photo sharing site(s) work and what ones don't?

I am "registered" and use, Webshots, Snapfish, Flickr, Photobucket and Yahoo. So it must be something I'm doing, not that I dont have the right photo sharing program(s) (OR, am I still missing THE one that works?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated :angry:

Thank you in advance,

Tony B)

PS: you could PM me if you would rather, just thought others might have the same question. My apologies if this has been asked and answered in the past. (I've looked but couldn't find it) :angry:

I know for sure Photobucket works because that's what I use.

When you've uploaded a photo there, one of the scripts they give you starts with .. just copy and paste that into a post here on DCP. That should do it.

If one of the scripts you get does NOT start with (it has to be with the square brackets, not < and >), then just copy the URL option and put the before it and after it, put another set of square brackets around /img -- that's how you do it.

I will ask you that you please try to make sure your pictures are sized to fit in a 15" to 17" screen.. most people have 17" now so that will keep people from having to scroll left or right to see your pictures.

Happy posting!

Stef

I know for sure Photobucket works because that's what I use.

When you've uploaded a photo there, one of the scripts they give you starts with .. just copy and paste that into a post here on DCP. That should do it.

If one of the scripts you get does NOT start with (it has to be with the square brackets, not < and >), then just copy the URL option and put the before it and after it, put another set of square brackets around /img -- that's how you do it.

I will ask you that you please try to make sure your pictures are sized to fit in a 15" to 17" screen.. most people have 17" now so that will keep people from having to scroll left or right to see your pictures.

Happy posting!

Stef

Thanks Stef,

I knew about the "sizing" part and will check that I have the before and after the scripts.

I thought I had the image symbal there, guess not. :ph34r:

Tony

I also highly recommend Imageshack (http://imageshack.us/) for hosting photos. I have never had downtime or any problems with them. They provide all the tags and urls for posting already scripted as well.

Thanks Danielle,

I've added it to my "collection" of photo hosting sites...(the more the merrier?)

Tony B)