Blue Devils Announce BlueView
From The Blue Devils: On Wednesday, January 25, 2006, The Blue Devils will debut their NEW and free Video Podcast and online video experience — BlueView.
BlueView is much more than your basic camp report. It is a video magazine featuring insights, commentaries, flash-backs of past performances, news and all that is The Blue Devils. New installments will be available every few weeks throughout the spring and summer. BlueView is available on the Blue Devils web page at http://bluedevils.org/blueview … with the first episode being released on Wednesday January 25, 2006.
BlueView will also be available as a Podcast on Apple’s iTunes site. To subscribe to the Podcast:
Launch the iTunes application (free download from Apple)
- Click on the Advanced menu and then Subscribe to Podcast…
- Enter the URL http://www.bluedevils.org/blueview/rss.php and click OK.
You may also subscribe to BlueView with other RSS readers (Google, etc.) by simply pasting http://www.bluedevils.org/blueview/rss.php into your RSS reader’s subscription list.
This week’s BlueView Podcast will feature Melissa Dougherty, BlueViews host, reporting from the Blue Devils January camp – with interviews and insights including:
- Interview with Program Coordinator Scott Chandler discussing the 2006 Blue Devils production
- A look at last year’s web videos and the exciting Blue Devil trip to Europe
- Interviews with The Blue Devils drum majors.
- A look at BDEntertainment
- Snippets from last year’s Inside the BlueDevils 2005 DVD
- Flash-back to 1992 — "When a Man Loves a Women"
- A volunteer appreciation interview with Terry Maurer
- And interviews with corps members We welcome questions and comments. Please email us at Blueview [at] bluedevils [dot] org
About The Blue Devils
The Blue Devil Performing Arts programs permanently enrich the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence while providing enjoyment for our local community and audiences worldwide. The Blue Devils offer young men and women between the ages of 7 and 21 quality educational and performance experiences in the areas of musical and dance performance. Founded in 1957, The Blue Devils’ objective is to develop personal character through challenging physical, emotional, mental, and social activities while promoting the values of dedication, hard work, and commitment to a team effort. Over 450 young people currently participate in The Blue Devils programs, and over 8,000 young people, in 2,500 families, have been served by The Blue Devils organization in its 49-year history.
About RSS = Really Simple Syndication
RSS is a format for syndicating content of websites. An RSS reader can check the RSS feed for changes and react to the changes in an appropriate way. RSS readers can help you keep up with your entire favorite content by checking the RSS feeds and displaying new items. Mozilla Firefox (both PC and Mac) has built-in RSS subscription ("Live Bookmarks"), as does Safari RSS for MacOS X. Stand-alone RSS readers include FeedReader for Windows and NetNew Wire Lite for MacOS X. Check your RSS reader for instructions on how to use a feed.