DCP Partners Seeks Editor
DCP Partners, owner of Drum Corps Planet and its related internet sites, is looking for an editor to help create a news portal for its Marching Band Planet website. Our vision is to produce an online news, information, and commentary portal – dedicated to the high school and collegiate marching band activity. In addition to the editorial content being developed for the site, an online discussion forum is already providing a place for interested members to discuss the various aspects of the marching band world.
The person selected for this role will help create the news and information foundation for the new MBP portal and work directly with the site’s owner and publisher to bring this new project to life. This is an ideal position for someone desiring to apply their journalism skills in the development of an online news and information site.
The ideal candidate for this un-paid position would:
- Have a degree in journalism or be a present journalism major in their final year of undergraduate studies;
- Have some level of experience in or familiarity with the marching/pageantry arts;
- Be focused on detail and committed to truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, and fairness;
- Have a strong command of and committment to the written word;
- Be resourceful in gathering news and information from a wide range of sources;
- Be well-versed in web-based publishing techniques and content management systems
- Have a strong sense of committment and be willing to put 8-10 hours per week in the role.
Programming and system administration skills are NOT required and most functions may be completed using a standard internet browser.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter, current resume, and examples of their writing to publisher [at] marchingbandplanet [dot] com .