Chris Kilian Joins Fusion Core
This season will mark Chris’ first as a member of the Fusion team. He is excited to be on board, and looks forward to using his various skills and experience to help continue to move the program forward. Ed Bopp, staff coordinator said "I’ve watched Chris grow up in this activity and I believe that he will be an excellent addition to our staff as we embark on the next phase of our journey!"
A self described "drum corps freak" and eternal student of the marching arts, Chris has spent the last 12 years as a member, staff member, and administrator of the Bushwackers Drum and Bugle Corps. He has spent the last 4 seasons on the brass and visual instructional teams, most recently serving as the Assistant Brass Caption Head under Joe Exley. Chris was the longest tenured drum major in the history of the corps, serving 9 seasons in that role. He was the recipient of the prestigious "Bushwacker of the Year" award in 1999.
Mr. Kilian studied music composition in college, and is active as a freelance arranger, show designer, instructor and clinician around the country. Chris is currently the Program Coordinator and Music/Visual Caption Head for the Archbishop Ryan High School Marching Raider Band in Philadelphia, PA. He is a member of the national professional music fraternity Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia and is an Eagle Scout.
• Archbishop Ryan High School Bands 1991-1995
• West Chester University Golden Rams 1995-1997
• Bushwackers Drum and Bugle Corps 1996-2007
• Many high school bands in the Philadelphia region. Most recently Upper Darby High School and Archbishop Ryan High School. 1996-Present.
• Bushwackers Drum and Bugle Corps 2004-2007
• Phoenixville HS, Archbishop Ryan HS, Bensalem HS, and many others.
For a resume’ and more information, please visit http://www.cekiliandesigns.com. Chris can be reached via email at kilian [dot] chris [at] gmail [dot] com