Fusion Core Adds To 2008 Staff
The “Fusion Family” is pleased to announce the addition of Scott Berkuta as a Visual Instructor for the corps.
Scott is a graduate of Rowan University and is currently a band director at Hightstown High School and is looking forward to working with Fusion Core this year. In 2001 he began his drum corps career marching Contra with the NY Skyliners and then spent the ‘02, ‘03 and ’06 seasons marching tuba with the Bushwackers.
In 2005 Scott was a member of the visual staff of the NY Skyliners and severed as a soldier/ musician with the 63rd Army Band for eleven years.
Fusion is proud to announce that Larry Carbonell will be returning in 2008 as a Brass Instructor for the corps.
Larry has been involved with Drum and Bugle Corps since 1969. His first year on the competitive field was 1970 as a snare drummer with the Stafford Crusaders (CT). Larry has performed with the Stafford Crusaders, Enfield Centurions, New York Skyliners and Sunrisers Drum and Bugle Corps.
Larry was Brass Caption Head from 2002 to 2004 with the Sunrisers; remaining on as program consultant through the 2006 season and assisted Brass Caption Head Willy Carmona during Fusion’s inaugural year.
Fusion is pleased to announce the addition of Craig Kazda as the Pit Instructor for the 2008 season.
Craig is a 2001 graduate of Biglerville HS in PA, and has a degree in Political Science from Lebanon Valley College. He currently resides in Lititz, PA and works as a Project Coordinator at Triple Strength, a communications, advertising, and graphic design firm in Palmyra, PA.
Mr. Kazda’s teaching experience includes:
* Biglerville HS Marching Band and Indoor Percussion (2001-Present) – Percussion Caption Head (Pit percussion arranger since 2006)
* Lebanon Valley College (2003-2004) – Pit Percussion Coordinator and Arranger
* Lebanon HS Marching Band and Indoor Percussion (2005-Present) – Pit Percussion Coordinator and Arranger
* Daniel Boone HS Indoor Percussion (2007) – Pit Percussion Coordinator
Craig’s percussion sections and bands have received many awards and accolades. Some of these include:
* Biglerville HS Marching Band – Chapter VI Championship Marching Band (2004, 2006, and 2007
* Biglerville HS Indoor Percussion – KIDA Indoor Percussion Champions (2004), KIDA Indoor Moving Percussion Silver Medalists (2007)
* Lebanon HS Marching Band – Chapter VI Percussion Champions (2005 and 2007)
* Lebanon Indoor Percussion – KIDA Indoor Moving Percussion Silver Medalists (2006), TIA Chapter VI Percussion Champions (2006), TIA All-Chapter Championship Silver Medalist (2006)
* Daniel Boone Indoor Percussion – TIA Chapter II Percussion Champions (2007), TIA All-Chapter Championships Silver Medalist (2007)
Fusion is dedicated to providing the best drum corps experience to all members while providing world-class instruction and programming. If you are interested in becoming a member of the 2008 Fusion Drum and Bugle "Core", please visit our website and fill out the form at http://www.fusioncorenj.homestead.com/Membership.html