Cadets Hall Of Fame Voting Started
Members of the Cadets Alumni Association can now cast their votes for the 2008 Class of the Cadets Hall of Fame. Voting begins May 1 and will run until May 23rd. Thirteen nominees are up for placement in the Hall, one of the highest honors achieved in the Cadets’ organization.
The nominees are:
- Thomas Adamo – Member 1948-1961
- John Bognatz – Member 1948-1959
- Al Chez – Member 1978-1982, Staff 1983, 1997-2001, 2004
- Joseph Cinzio – Admin 1966-1976, Director 1977-1978
- Warren Corman – Member 1977-1984
- Ed Frenzel – Director 1973-1976
- Willy Higgins – Member 1984, 1986-1989, Staff 1990-1998
- George Lucas – Admin 1982-1993
- Gregory Pych – Member 1965-1972, Admin 1982-2004
- Joe Roche – Member 1982-1983, 1985, Staff 1987-1992, 2000, 2007-present
- Jeff Sacktig – Member 1986-1989, Staff 1990-1991, 1993-2001, 2003-present
- John Tokar – Member 1962-1971, Staff 1974-1976, Board of Directors 1984-1988
- David Welch – Member 1984-1987
Nominees that receive more than 50 percent of the total votes will be inducted into the 2008 Class of the Cadets Hall of Fame, according to the bylaws set forth by the Hall of Fame Committee.
Registered members of the Cadets Alumni Association are now able to review the letters of nomination and support and cast their ballots through the Web site, www.yea.org. Voting will conclude on May 23rd with the announcement of inductees by May 25th, said Committee Chairman Eric Santo.
The 2008 Class will be honored on July 5th in conjunction with the Cadets’ home show, Music In Motion, in Clifton, N.J.
The Cadets Hall of Fame began with the Class of 1984 induction of honorees and is now the highest honor for 24 individuals who have left a mark in the Cadets’ legacy. The Hall of Fame Committee began its work in December seeking nominations for this year’s class.