Buglers Hall Of Fame Announces Class Of 2011 Inductees
The Buglers Hall of Fame is proud to announce the newly elected members for the Class of 2011 as follows:
- Bob Adair, (Reilly Raiders), a National Champion Individual Soprano Bugler.
- Bob Burke (Ballantine Brewers, Hawthorne Caballeros & New York Skyliners), the DCA soloist in 1988.
- Tom Day (Norwood Park, Cavaliers, Skokie Indians), Tom is the founder of “Bugles Across America” to provide military honors to veterans with presently over 7500 members.
- Joey Pero (Genesse Quest, Mighty St Joe’s Alumni, Ghost Riders, Hitmen and Empire Statesmen), Joey was the DCA Soprano Individual Champion in 2000, 2001 & 2002.Bill Pussey (Bracken Cavaliers and Blessd Sacrament), best know as the outstanding featured soloist with Blessed Sacrament. He was also winner of several State and National Individual titles.
- Bill Pussey (Bracken Cavaliers and Blessd Sacrament), best know as the outstanding featured soloist with Blessed Sacrament. He was also winner of several State and National Individual titles.
- Jimmy Steele (Rochester Crusaders and Empire Statesmen,) Jimmy was the DCA Individual Champion on many occasions and awarded the DCA Best Soloist Award in 1996.
- Raymond (Conga) Richardson, Posthumously, (St Joseph Patron Cadets, St Rita’s Brassmen and New York Skyliners), one of the best contra bass players to ever play that instrument.
- John Girardi III, Posthumously, (St Joseph’s Brigade, New York Skyliners), a featured soloist for years with the Skyliners.
All new members will be inducted at the 7th annual banquet on April 16, 2011.
The banquet and induction ceremony will be held at the Holiday Inn, 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT., and is open to the public. Cost of the banquet dinner is $45.00 per person. Dinner includes a choice of chicken or fish as an entrée with all the trimmings. Please submit your dinner request to bhof2 [at] optonline [dot] net.
The Buglers Hall of Fame (North American Championship) Individual for Brass and Percussion will also take place at the Holiday Inn earlier that day. Entry forms for participants are also available at bhof2 [at] optonline [dot] net
Holiday Inn reservations are available at 203-334-1234 using the password ‘Buglers Hall of Fame’ for the reduced room rate.
The Buglers Hall of Fame extends an invitation to all for the Individual show and Induction Ceremony.