Fanfare World Record Attempt In 2014
Thurrock Marching Brass in conjunction with the Marching Band Activity United Kingdom Facebook Page are proud to confirm that they will be attempting a new World Record for the longest Fanfare Line in History at Thurrock Marching Brass’ Essex show on Sunday 7 September 2014.
It is hoped that 150 or more Trumpet and Cornet players from across the United Kingdom and from every type organisation will take part. The current World Record stands at 91 players.Eligibility:
- Can play Trumpet/Cornet (your own instrument required)
- Must be able to attend 2 of the 4 scheduled rehearsals
- Must be able to attend final run through session
- Can attend all day Thurrock Marching Brass Hosted Show on 7 September 2014 in Essex
- Acceptance into the fanfare party will be given in writing by Paul Morgan, Chairman, Thurrock Marching Brass in consultation with John Butler, creator of Marching Bands UK Facebook Page. Both organisations are sponsoring the event.
- Paul or John may consult with other party’s but their decision is final.
- Confirmation of making it into the final line up must be received in writing to be able to take part.
- The responsibility for arranging the fanfare will be Paul Morgan, Chairman of Thurrock Marching Brass’
- Paul may choose to work with other arrangers in order to complete the work at his discretion
- The Fanfare will be written and ready for the first rehearsal on the rehearsal schedule and will be made available to anyone who has shown an interest in participating.
- The World Record attempt will be conducted by three conductors, the selection of which will be the responsibility of Paul Morgan, Chairman Thurrock Marching Brass.
- 1st rehearsal – Saturday 17th May 2014 – South (William Edwards School & Sports College, Thurrock, Essex)
- 2nd rehearsal – Saturday 14th June 2014 – Midlands (venue TBC)
- 3rd Rehearsal – Saturday 19th July 2014 – North (venue TBC)
- 4th Rehearsal – Saturday 16th August 2014 – South (William Edwards School & Sports College)
- Final Rehearsal – Saturday 23rd August 2014 – South (William Edwards School & Sports College)
This official notice is an open invitation to anyone in the United Kingdom to take part. In order to do so please register your interest by emailing us at fwra2014 [at] gmail [dot] com where further details will be provided.
Speaking of the attempt, Thurrock Marching Brass Chairman, Paul Morgan says “The ability for all marching band people to get along with each other regardless of where they come from or who they may or may not be affiliated with remains incredibly strong in the United Kingdom. This can be clearly evidenced by the great work that John Butler has done in creating the independent Marching Band Activity Facebook Page. This has, in a very short space of time, created a common area for all of us who are interested in banding in general to share positive information and stories about what we are all doing. Reaching out into this amazing world, we are thrilled to be able to assist in creating something for everyone not only to get involved with, but also, if we achieve the goal, to be telling their grandkids about for years to come. John Butler is an incredibly hard working individual and I have enjoyed very much working with him to create this opportunity for everyone to get involved. I would urge everyone to register their interests and lets see just how many we can get into the fanfare line to not only break, but to smash the existing record!”
Adding, the Marching Band Activity Facebook Page creator, John Butler comments “To be involved in helping bring all types of marching band together has been the greatest thrill. I couldn’t have imagined just how strong the desire actually is for people from all types of bands to share their good news really is. In just 7 short months the posted views has already exceeded 76,000! I am absolutely delighted to be working along side Paul Morgan at Thurrock Marching Brass, and to attempt the World Record at their show in September just adds to the occasion even more. This attempt is open to anyone, young or old, and as long as you can play a Trumpet or Cornet will be considered so please register your interest as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. This is one not to miss out on!”
For more information on how you can get involved contact us on fwra2014 [at] gmail [dot] com or simply follow us on Twitter @fwra2014 if you just want to see what’s happening.
The Fanfare World Record Attempt 2014 leadership team
Paul Morgan, Chairman Thurrock Marching Brass
John Butler, creator, the Marching Band Activity Facebook Page