SCV on ESPN !

Yes, you heard that right !!! The Vanguard will be on primetime at this game !!! OK maybe not exactly. B) San Jose State U. is a local feeder to the Vanguard. Several years ago, I was at home for the Aloha Bowl (now the Hawaii Bowl) in which San Jose State played Fresno State Bulldogs. At the end of the game, I was milling on the field, and OUT OF THE BLUE comes a triple-forte chorus of Great Gate of Kiev! I looked around, and found the source of that marvelous sound: about a couple dozen brass players in the SJS band (read: NO reed players) that were blowing their brains out !!! YEAH !!! Dang, that was wild. Like only Vanguard could play it. These few guys sounded like a FULL CORPS !!!

If ya wanna hear shadows of Vanguard, tune into the game.

UH at San Jose State

ESPN

Friday 10/12/07

5:00pm PT 8:00pm ET

And ........ GO BOWS !!!!!

PS. Colt Brennan will start !!!!!

Yes, you heard that right !!! The Vanguard will be on primetime at this game !!! OK maybe not exactly. B) San Jose State U. is a local feeder to the Vanguard. Several years ago, I was at home for the Aloha Bowl (now the Hawaii Bowl) in which San Jose State played Fresno State Bulldogs. At the end of the game, I was milling on the field, and OUT OF THE BLUE comes a triple-forte chorus of Great Gate of Kiev! I looked around, and found the source of that marvelous sound: about a couple dozen brass players in the SJS band (read: NO reed players) that were blowing their brains out !!! YEAH !!! Dang, that was wild. Like only Vanguard could play it. These few guys sounded like a FULL CORPS !!!

If ya wanna hear shadows of Vanguard, tune into the game.

UH at San Jose State

ESPN

Friday 10/12/07

5:00pm PT 8:00pm ET

And ........ GO BOWS !!!!!

PS. Colt Brennan will start !!!!!

:grrr:

Hey Roland!

Wazzup dude? This sounds like a great game as well as what could be a great band..But only YOU could want to drum up support for the Rainbows, man..Might be worth looking into.

Hope you are well..It was great to see you in Rachacha this summer. Hope to see you guys again in '08.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...