SW seeding for WGI. . .a cluster?

So, if I understand this correctly, I believe SW prelims is going to be broken into 3 rounds of 8 guards. The first round with the lowest regional scores, the middle one with higher scores and then the last round with the highest scores. Now, looking at this, there appears to be a cluster**** with guards in the middle and last rounds. Both Miamisburg and Center Grove are tied for that last spot in the last round. Is there a tie-breaker? Does WGI then look at the prelim score at the last regional to break the tie? Do they look at the last head to head score?

Thoughts?

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

So, if I understand this correctly, I believe SW prelims is going to be broken into 3 rounds of 8 guards. The first round with the lowest regional scores, the middle one with higher scores and then the last round with the highest scores. Now, looking at this, there appears to be a cluster**** with guards in the middle and last rounds. Both Miamisburg and Center Grove are tied for that last spot in the last round. Is there a tie-breaker? Does WGI then look at the prelim score at the last regional to break the tie? Do they look at the last head to head score?

Thoughts?

Have they always done that? That's a very lame idea to start with because now the winner from the first round will get into finals where someone in 8th place of the third round deserved that spot. ridiculous.

Have they always done that? That's a very lame idea to start with because now the winner from the first round will get into finals where someone in 8th place of the third round deserved that spot. ridiculous.

I think the top 15 highest scores will still be the finalists. This just effects performance order in prelims I do not think they will take fianlists based on rounds. Performance order can be a factor but if the judges are on their game they will get the right 15 in finals then adjust as needed in finals.

They are in 3 rounds, however. . .if you win your round, you don't automatically make finals, the top 15 highest scores regardless of rounds advance to finals. It was also like this last year. Note, last year no one in round 1 advanced. . .Trumbull had the highest score in that round and came in 16th overall. Seminole who was in round 2 had a higher score and advanced to finals as the 15th guard.

EDIT. . also, I've been told that b/c of the tie and to be fair to both burg and cgcg the rounds will most likely be 8/7/9 instead of 8 in each round

Top 15 scores regardless of round advance to finals.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

The rules state that if under 29 guards, they will be divided into 3 groupings, the highest rankings, then next, etc... meaning the 8 highest scores, etc.....

They are in 3 rounds, however. . .if you win your round, you don't automatically make finals, the top 15 highest scores regardless of rounds advance to finals. It was also like this last year. Note, last year no one in round 1 advanced. . .Trumbull had the highest score in that round and came in 16th overall. Seminole who was in round 2 had a higher score and advanced to finals as the 15th guard.

EDIT. . also, I've been told that b/c of the tie and to be fair to both burg and cgcg the rounds will most likely be 8/7/9 instead of 8 in each round

Top 15 scores regardless of round advance to finals.