New junior Drum & Bugle Corps

Sorry if everyone thought I was a little too cranky when I posted. I was. At this age, good days are far outnumbered by the not-so-good ones.

My only point in the initial post was that people need to be a little more explanatory in their posts about new corps if they want to be taken fully serious by today's potential members. A simple link to the corps' website and an explanation of all that they have already achieved would have been very helpful.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if everyone thought I was a little too cranky when I posted. I was. At this age, good days are far outnumbered by the not-so-good ones.

My only point in the initial post was that people need to be a little more explanatory in their posts about new corps if they want to be taken fully serious by today's potential members. A simple link to the corps' website and an explanation of all that they have already achieved would have been very helpful.

I hope you're feeling better, Harvey! :thumbup:

I hope you're feeling better, Harvey! :thumbup:

Thank you. I am hoping to feel well enough for my son to take me to the show in Stillwater this Saturday. I tried to convince him to take me to Rockford, but I couldn't twist his arm hard enough. Too long a drive for him.

Thank you. I am hoping to feel well enough for my son to take me to the show in Stillwater this Saturday. I tried to convince him to take me to Rockford, but I couldn't twist his arm hard enough. Too long a drive for him.

I'm 54 and I'm starting to feel your pain! It's all downhill for me from here! :worthy:

:thumbup:

I'm 54 and I'm starting to feel your pain! It's all downhill for me from here! :worthy:

:thumbup:

54! Wow, what a youngun' :worthy: . Actually, if you keep your mind young, you would be amazed how young you can feel. Keeping an open mind and enjoying what drum corps has to offer each year sure helps!

54! Wow, what a youngun' :worthy: . Actually, if you keep your mind young, you would be amazed how young you can feel. Keeping an open mind and enjoying what drum corps has to offer each year sure helps!

Then I'm sure you're optimistic about PAL Buccaneers! :thumbup:

Best wishes on your endeavor.

FYI, your ancestors are the featured corps on CorpsReps today.

Good luck you guys! My Corps went down this year, and they are working hard to make a comback some day. I have a son who lives with mom in Nashua, and wants to be in a corps. Vying for trumpet section leader as a sophmore (has a very good shot at it), so he has some talent. He may be coming down to CT in the near future to live with dad (like his sister did...), and we are in Huntington, CT only 15 minutes to Bpt.

Would be nice to start a family tradition of drum sorps in Connecticut! I will keep my eyes on your progress, and keep working on my son with excitement!!!!

Oh before I forget -

Harvey - a little more positive posting may turn some of your bad days better, and then you could find a little more balance (referring to your "good days are far out numbered by the bad ones" comment). This world could use a little more positive attitude to help us all out.

Good luck you guys! My Corps went down this year, and they are working hard to make a comback some day. I have a son who lives with mom in Nashua, and wants to be in a corps. Vying for trumpet section leader as a sophmore (has a very good shot at it), so he has some talent. He may be coming down to CT in the near future to live with dad (like his sister did...), and we are in Huntington, CT only 15 minutes to Bpt.

Would be nice to start a family tradition of drum sorps in Connecticut! I will keep my eyes on your progress, and keep working on my son with excitement!!!!

Thanks for your support. We can always use more lead trumpets.