Coming this weekend...Announcement weekend for CWP!

Cold War Productions has finalized all revisions for their Season XIII programs.

In case you can't wait for this Saturday, I'll go ahead and give you some clues. I will give you 4 pictures. 3 relate to repertoires by a CWP corps this year. Try to guess!

iron_curtain_2.jpg

Blue_Ridge_Mountains.jpg

040504.jpg

ap13patch_bg.gif

Announcement weekends begins, albeit late! For the time being, all announcements will be purely of repertoires. New uniforms, equipment partnerships and corps membership numbers are forthcoming. But for the time being, let's start with the now unnamed Class A corps of Cold War Productions!

The first announcement is the name change for Human Wave Regiment. The Class A corps from Tulsa, Oklahoma will now be known as...

The Iron Curtain

Many thanks to Ex VK DM for suggesting the name. It is a good name for a Cold War Productions corps. And it's especially fitting, since The Patriots represent "The West" and The Cosmonauts represent "The East".

So, without further ado, I present to you the Season XIII program for The Iron Curtain...

East and West: A Cold War Heats Up

iron_curtain_2.jpg

Too play off of the new name, the corps leadership have decided to go into this direction. In East and West, World War III becomes a reality as the Soviet Union battles the United States in a war to end all wars. The three movements of the show represent the three fronts of the war, each contributing their own side of the culture of WWIII: Europe, America and Russia. Experience fierce, vibrant music, cultural music that defines the social era, and the most beautiful of ballads to serenade even the hardest hearts. An artistic experience will unfold for those that choose to watch.

Mvt. I (America): Bob Dylan - The Times They Are a-Changin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgECKj9LSH4

Mvt. II (Russia): Selections from Shostakovich's Fifth Symphony

http://www.last.fm/music/Dmitri%2520Shosta...ac=Shostakovich

Mvt. III (Europe-Aftermath): Chopin's Nocturne in EbM, Op.9 No.2

Stay tuned, later today, we'll hear from the directors of The Patriots and The Cosmonauts as they announce their repertoires!

Next up this afternoon, we have the announcement for The Patriots. After a topsy-turvy season, with the young corps going from 1st to out of finals competition over the season, they're looking to make a resurgence into Open Class Top 12 competition. To do this, corps leadership decided to take this show in a different direction. On that, I'm proud to announce The Patriots' Season XIII program...

A Different Shade of Blue

blues.jpg

The Patriots are going jazzy, baby! The Patriots will be performing American Jazz standards on their fiery G Bugles. If you want to be taken back to the old days of drum corps, you will surely want to see this show! The 128 strong from Philadelphia will be glad to serenade you to days when things were a little...bluer.

Selections from the following classics will be featured in our repertoire:

-"Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gershwin

-"Blue Rondo a la Turk" by Dave Brubeck Quartet

-"C Jam Blues" by Duke Ellington

-"Serenade in Blue" by Harry Warren

-"St. Louis Blues March" by Duke Ellington

And we still have one more corps to go! Get ready for The Cosmonauts, as they announce their Season XIII program!

Edited by OdeToArsenal47

Ending this announcement weekend, The Cosmonauts are proud to present their program for Season XII...

Looking Back: A Love Story From Oasis

oasis.jpg

Explore the great power of love and the great music of British band Oasis as The Cosmonauts play arrangements of the very best staples of Oasis' repertoire. All of the music promotes a brilliant foray into non-traditional marching music, with the softest and sweetest of ballads and the most musical and awe-inspiring of anthems. All of this great music provides a backdrop to a love story between two star-crossed lovers, teenagers with melting and melding hearts.

The program's repertoire will feature selections from:

-"Champagne Supernova"

-"Wonderwall"

-"Don't Look Back in Anger"

-"Live Forever"

-"Slide Away"

-"D'You Know What I Mean?"

-"Stop Crying Your Heart Out"

Enjoy the shows! I know that these kids will!