UNIQUE 5 Valve CC Tuba For Sale

Periphery

Meinl-Weston 32 CC Tuba with Five Rotary Valves

MW32_front.jpg

This Meinl-Weston 32 CC has a 1941 York Monster Eb bell on it. I really like the sound I get from it. As a 4/4 CC it works well in the orchestra and as a freelance tuba.

A previous owner "reordered" the valves so that 5 is now at the bottom of the stack. The stack had been the normal 51234 but is now 12345. The 5th valve is a half step. Some of the other slide loops were completely rebuilt to accommodate their new location within the body wrap after 5th was relocated. They were all adjusted so that they fit and work properly, with 1 and 3 having been very well aligned and the rotor casings vented. Since 1 and 3 work like trombone sides for effortless movement, slide stops were added to prevent them from falling out, but a previous owner removed the stop rods. However, the posts are still there, making the addition of the rods a fairly inexpensive piece of cake for a good tech if the new owner decides that s/he wants them.

The 1st valve linkage is a long, L-shaped brass rod with a small guide channel on the backside that does a very good job. The 5th linkage is one long, straight rod, connected to another long, straight rod. It also works very well.

This tuba comes with a very decent black, cordura gig bag. No mouthpiece or hard case will be included in the sale.

Tuba with black cordura gig bag: $2,500

LINKS TO MORE PHOTOS

MW-32 - Rear

MW-32 - Valve Section

MW-32 - Bell Side

MW-32 - 1941 York Bell Engraving

MW-32 - Gig Bag 1

MW-32 - Gig Bag 2

FINE PRINT (please read carefully)

1. I do not ship tubas. You will have to drive halfway to meet me. We will have to discuss this, so after an email we can exchange phone numbers and talk about setting up a road trip.

2. At this price there will be no "trial period" for this tuba. A potential buyer will need a tuner and about thirty minutes to know whether they feel it is worth the price to them. I can bring another tuba and we can play some duets for you to see how well this tuba plays.

3. No payments. A Bank Check/Cashier's Check for the full amount is acceptable.

4. I do not haggle. The price is the price.

5. For the sake of clarity I can post additional photos if needed.

Contact me by private email please.

Thanks for your time!

Wade Rackley :tongue:

• 2 months later...

SOLD! Thanks, DCP!