CODCE Season XIII Press Release

Hey everyone! Good to have the site back up in time for another fun-filled season.

To start off, I would like to announce that the name of our Class A corps, The Front Rangers, is being changed. I will start a second thread so my fellow DCP-I directors can help me choose the new name.

Now for our second piece of business: I would like to present some ideas we have for our season XIII shows, based on the most recent meeting of the CODCE staff and Board of Directors. Please note that the following are ideas only at the moment, and are incomplete and subject to change.

Firebird (World Class)

Show Title: TBA

Music will all be by composer John Mackey. At this point, we know the opener will for sure be "Asphalt Cocktail", and we are now trying to decide which of his other pieces to use as well. We are considering "Turbine" and "Kingfishers Catch Fire" at the moment.

Firebird Cadets (Open Class)

Show Title: New World Symphony

The title pretty much explains it all here. Strongly considering using Phantom's 1989 version of the ballad.

*no name* (Class A, Formerly the Front Rangers)

Show Title: TBA

This show will feature some of the western-themed music of Aaron Copland, such as "Red Pony" and "Hoedown".

Please feel free to leave your input on these shows below. Ideas for improvement are always welcome.

Edited by jedihunter80