Care for some Drum Corps with your Intermission?

Had the good fortune of being able to attend DCI West at Stanford Stadium in beautiful Palo Alto, California. Truly awesome venue, terrific weather and all pumped up for what turned out to be a great show.

The only trouble was the schedule. The show was announced as a 6:30 start, but did not get going until 7:00 PM. After an hour of drum corps at 8:06 PM, time for an intermission. No worries, until they announce that it will be 45 minutes and the next corps steps off at 9:00!

Two and one half hours of drum corps with only 66 minutes of actual drum corps.

Cmon, DCI. I realize you want to sell tshirts and concessions, but instead of asking why people don't go to shows, perhaps picking up the pace a bit and eliminating all of these long dead periods would go a long way towards improving the fan experience.

Loved all the corps, but for me Blue Knights have the most wonderful sound in the world. The Europa show has all kinds of potential, and that sound truly get the goosebumps going!! SCV and Blue Devils were very good as expected, but Blue Knights were way better than i was expecting at this point in the season. I hope they can build and work towards another great finish.