Pittsfield MA -- DCI sampler, Thursday 06/30/11

Hi, For those who remember, Pittsfield, MA was officially designated "Drum Corps City" by Drum Corps News back in the 1960's. Pittsfield was home to seven simultaneous competing corps, plus their feeder corps. Without going into too much detail, I'll simply name them: Pom Poms and Blue Angels (two ALL female corps), Skyhawks, Imperials, Monarchs, Cavaliers, and Interstatesmen. Just about every major junior and senior corps at that time was asked to compete in the Pittsfield shows these corps sponsored. That was a lot of Great drum corps. Well, this Thursday, June 30th, at 7:00 PM, memebers of the Pittsfield Fourth of July Parade Committee will be hosting a few DCI corps in exhibition at Wachonah Park. The price is $5.00 admission. These corps are on tour, and will be staying in overnight Thursday in Pittsfield. They have graciously agreed to the exhibitions at the park. The corps are: Boston Crusaders, Crossmen, and Spirit of Atlanta. In addition to these corps, the Red Knights of Pittsfield will warm up the crowd for you. I am the Director/Business Manager of the Red Knights. The Red Knights is an up and coming parade corps consisting of very young members thrilled to be part of "The New Corps" in Pittsfield. I too am thrilled that these kids will be able to see, hear, and absorb the Grand Spectable of drum and bugle corps that will be there Thursday night. It will certainly be a learning and motivational experience for us. By the way, the Red Knights mellophone player Betsy Halla has been asked to open the show with solo renditions of the "National Anthem" and "God Bless America". So, if you are in the Pittsfield, MA area and want to see a great show for $5.00 stop by Wachonah Park this Thursday, June 3oth .... show time 7:00 PM. THANKS .. Paul Christopher, Director/Business Manager ... Red Knights Drum & Bugle Corps ... Pittsfield, MA http://pittsfieldredknights.com .

I just contacted some relatives of mine in the Pittsfield area, and they were very excited to hear about this...you may want to post this in the DCI WC forum as well. Can't get too much publicity!

Hi Grumpy ... took your advice and Posted in DCI World Class Forum ... Thanks ... Paul C.