All's right with the world...

The kid arrived back safely; overnight at my sister's home to load up all his kit and be at band camp on Tuesday. Had a long chat on Skype with him a few hours ago; the world is a happier place when you march on Saturday night LOL!

Impressive guns, claims to have an eight-pack, not an ounce of fat on him (BMI of 18.9, by my reckoning). Sort of a mix of eagerness to move on and wistfulness that the camaraderie of the summer has to go back on the shelf for a while.

I had to bite my tongue and hide a smile a few times as we talked, though. Evidently there's quite a grapevine out on the road; he has strong opinions about the same topics we squabble about here on DCP, most of them scandalous concerning any corps but his own. :w00t:

What a ride!

• Like 1

What a great moment for a parent...especially one who is a drum corps vet themselves...(is that you?)

With what corps did he march?

No, this is all new to me. He didn't get his musical ability from my genes. :rolleyes:

If you'll allow me to deflect the question about where he marched, I'll thank you. I enjoy posting here, but I sometimes have ...ummmm...strong opinions, only occasionally backed up by knowledge. I don't want to risk blurting out something that might embarrass the kid or his corps.

Edited by Tito John