Small Drum Corps Association

Tom C

The SDCA had a regional meeting in Erie PA for the 2012 season. Corps represented at the meeting represented corps in Indianapolis, Western PA and Western NY. Current efforts are now focusing on creating show venues in Indianapolis, the Pittsburgh area, western PA (I-80 general area), the Erie PA area, the southwestern NY state area, the Buffalo-Niagara area and the Rochester NY area. If you represent a corps, a band, or a parade sponsor and you would like to host a small drum corps / minicorps / ensamble show in any of those areas or points further east, please contact me at SDCAcorso@yahoo.com or Chris Ferrara at SDCAferrara@yahoo.com. The show format is your choice, these shows can be on stage, on a basketball court, or on a football field (between the 35's and in front of the first hash marks), depending on the time of year and the weather on that day. Marching is not required, but "visual staging" of some kind is strongly encourgaged. SDCA will do most of the organizing, we just need the names of contact people, locations and dates and we will take it from there. All alumni corps, minicorps, and brass or precussion ensamble are encouraged to contact us. I hope to hear from some of you in this area and I hope to hear from those of you that want to extend this project to points further east.