Powder Springs, GA

Awesome location. Parking stinks, but out of the typical Cobb County traffic. Love this stadium. Hope it stays on the schedule for a while.

Court of Honor:

Good sound for a second yr corps. Great lower sound. Didn't really get the platforms, but it was cool to feature certain groups and individuals. Liked the guard integration into the corps proper. Some great percussion moments and sounds. Nice show. This corps is going places and growing very nicely.

Marion Glory Cadets:

Opener was great, but was dowenhill after that. Show concept didn't really come across until they started playing "Mars" (as the closer). Didn't understand why 3 of the 5 guard members sat on the sideline after the opener? A very good high brass sound. Not too much melody from the show. COund't get into and not much impact. Good visal moments.

Troopers:

I usually haven't liked Troopers' shows in the past, but I really liked this one. Awesome sound from top to btm. Guard was pretty decent, but those parka blankets gotta go. The number after the ballad was fun; jazzy and exciting. Pit was memorable. The soft ending doesnt realyl work for me. I didn't understand what they were trying to portray? Awesome sound though. Up from yrs past.

Seattle:

First corps with IMPACT! Big bad - I still son';t know what their show was. What was the deal with all the different flags? It was lost on me. Guard was looking good. Some great visual moments. Very clean feet and carried themselves very nciely. Awesome sound!! Percussion wasn't featured or even incorporated intot he corps very much or well. Liked the sound of the corps though.

Crown:

WOW! Just wow. This corps is smokin'! There is no weak caption with Carolina this yr. Guard is awesome - better than yr's past (and thats sayin' a lot! Sound is incredible. Those singers need to go and so does that free style guy. Distraction to the show. Could have used some more devlopment with "Rhapsody". The open is great and very power and moves and developes awesomely. Perucssion had soem great moments and are very well incoporated intot he show. Guard work in, through, and away from the corps was brillant! They are a very musical guard. They add so much to the show. BRAVO!

Bluuuuuuuuuuucoats:

I have become a 'Coats fan of late. This show picks up where last yr left off. Same sound from the 'Coats. Loved the musical hints from '02 and the flags that hinted at '02 as well in the opener. The sound of the corps is very birght and open; clear; brilliant. Liked the percussion feature as the opener. Corps uses the idea of stages very well. They have you looking all over the field. Very good use of the ENTIRE field. Guard is awesome per usual. They are integrated into the corps proper very well. Percussion had some nice moments. The ballad ("Some Day I'll Fly Away") builds nicely but then the climax is a let down. The ending sorta fizzles out, but overall a very god shwo and corps from top to btm.

Cavies:

Same visual corps. Very different musically. They don't seem to have that sound they have had the past few yrs. I really like this show. Guard is awesome, but what do expect from the Green Machine? They use the whole field. It's liek Four Corners all over again. RIght in the opener the guard is on side one front corner and does some stuff worth looking at. As usual, the Machine gives us some awesome visal moments. I am sure they will juice uit up even more come Denver. LOVED the ballad and the hints of Bond songs throughout. I wish they would still play "For Your Eyes Only" though. All aspects are strong. I don't think this is a championship show though. They earned their score though! I still don't get the whistling. I am pretty sure I have seen every Bond filma nd don't think he has whistled in one of them?

Spirit:

Very cool concept for a show, but doesn't really translate to the field well. FYI if anyone wants to know: in the opener side 1 is supposed to be the left side of the brain and side 2, the right side. Notice the forms and music and how they are different from side to suide. Also notice the different colored flags. Ok. All captions are strong with Spirit this yr. COuld have used some more percussion moments, but oh well. Guard was smoking. I think they need some more weapon work though. I really like the sound Spirit is putting out. The closer starts out realyl weird by putting Bernstein and Gillingham together, but int he end it works. Ballad was awesome, but i think the guard needs to be more compact to better display to full and compact sound being put out be the corps. Very cool show.

Cheers, :lol:

Sean

w/Stp: