Fairfield?

The Stadium was the worst I've been to (and I've been to the show that used to be in Gowrie, IA.)

Mandarins-They are really good, except for that paint-off-the-wall-pealing trumpet tone, WOW. You know, they've been really good for some time now. They're certainly a D1 corps, because they would easily beat all of the D2 corps that I've seen this season.

Capital Regiment-They're much better than I thought they were in Columbus. This is the first time that I feel that they've taken the step towards being a finalist corps. Although their still a level below, they should be competing at that level within the next 2 years. They should easily make semis.

Blue Knights-I think they're doing the best the can will the talent they have this year. The hornline didn't have a unified sound. It was like many sections at the same time, not 1 hornline. The guard was good.

Magic-They were loud. I arrived back late from intermission (did I mention that the stadium sucked) So I was standing right in front of the hornline underneath the stands. They were loud, the good kind of loud. So obviously the problems are in a different area.

Bluecoats-I saw their runthought at rehearsal on Sunday and they were great. Having seen them 3 times in the uniform since then, they starting to get the energy into the show that they had during the rehearsal. I thought they were pretty good last night, I really like them. I really like Ride by Samuel Hazo and I think they do it well.

Boston-Still my favorite of the year. I think they had an off night. They just didn't make me feel anything last night.

Phantom-Thought this was a disater in Massillon. It's not, I was wrong. They play pretty well, although the brass tone is a little too aggressive for my taste. The music isn't something that you would go home huming, and the beginning goes on way too long, and they had some tempo issues, but I was sitting there going, watch out Cadets (who's show IS a disater). Don't really like it, but it's good.

I am done with drum corps for the summer. I'm back in Vegas, got to love the weather. I LOVE the desert.

Edited by profhill