Revolution's Famjily show

Let me first start off by saying that considering all the negative talk that happened with the 2004 season, I was not putting much thought in the "rebirth" of the 2005 Revolution and basically was starting a countdown to yet another Texas Corps' demise.

I was surprised by the Texas Preview show and thought, WOW, was I and others wrong. It got me excited enough to make the drive out to their family day and see what they could do on the move.

A couple weeks later, I head to make the short drive to New Braunfels, TX still not expecting much and having doubts, and was totally stunned. This group is improving and making the name Revolution really mean something down here in Texas.

Numbers-

13 sops, 8 mellos, 8 baris, 6 contras = 35 horns

7 snares, 4 tenors, 5 basses, 7 pit = 23 Percussion

15 Guard and 2 DM

75 Total Members

Aesthetics-

Uniform - Great corps Uniform. They added a lone star to the front of the jacket, you cannot see it from afar but a nice subtle touch to an already crisp looking corps. No guard Uniform yet but some really, really, great flags!

The Show-

WOW - Even with all the dirt a young corps can have (and believe me - it's there) they have some really great moments. The show starts off backfiled with the corps "all black back" and turns to reveal a nice big hit. Drill forms are a bit hard to read at times and there is a lot of visual dirt but they sound pretty good considering the before mentioned items still need work. That pit and drumline are once again strong and tasty. The guard is messy but they are doing some really neat things. There are some really neat tosses and man those guard members run all over the field. The corps keeps the drill pretty compacted but they move a lot in the small area of the field they choose to limit themselves to. The corps does not pucker out too much at the end. The are strong from start to finish. They do have some endurance issues but not as much as I expected from a Div III corps. If they can continue to clean and refine the show and add some more visuals in, they will do well in Boston. I really found the music to be accessable and the overall concept of emotions needs to be sold more. As they get on tour they should get stronger in those areas, afterall this was thier first "show".

I predict them in the top three and will leave that there. If they can clean this show to the same level, as lets say Yamato, they will do some serious damage in Grand Finals even to the Div II corps.

I think the only thing that may prohibit them from doing well is that I have never seen a Div III show as complex as this and it shows in their dirt.

They have earned a new fan and look forward to seeing them in the SA afternoon show. I wish them well.

As I stated before - I was wrong, Revolution is alive and well in the heart of Texas! Lets go Revolution!

:)

good sized you corps there!