Addresses for Finals Practice Locations

This site actually has some cool DCI week info...check it out.

http://www.marchingarts.com/regionals/boston_housing.htm

Wow - awesome link - thanks a lot for that! :)

It's quite simple: These are the biggest shows of the year. They also are the ones that have the most distractions during practice (parents, friends, fans, etc.). We want the corps to be at its best.

This is nothing new. Many corps close their practices during finals week. PR did for many years, though not the past handful of years.

G

and we're trying to make this activity more accessible? I'd be interested to see admin turn away Manchester HS music students eager to watch a Finals-bound corps' rehearsal technique. If the corps can't focus on rehearsals for Nats week, problems are bigger than folks coming to watch. I hate to write regressive things on this board, but lets be honest. Closed rehearsals? Disappoints me.

Closed rehearsals? Disappoints me.

Doesn't disappoint me. The corps has an open practice/performance for the locals and whoever else on Tuesday night. If the staff says that they need closed rehearsals, then they should have closed rehearsals.

It also allows for a corps to put in surprises.

I like those.

As an aside, I read an article once about how having your friends and family attend a performance can actually make you perform worse than you would otherwise. Just a thought.

Doesn't disappoint me.  The corps has an open practice/performance for the locals and whoever else on Tuesday night.  If the staff says that they need closed rehearsals, then they should have closed rehearsals. 

It also allows for a corps to put in surprises.

I like those. 

As an aside, I read an article once about how having your friends and family attend a performance can actually make you perform worse than you would otherwise.  Just a thought.

you read an article once?

good for Phantom. i hope those surprises are worth it. we'll soon find out.

you read an article once? 

Yeah. Once, about the subject I mentioned.

Folks are gonna be traveling far and wide if they want to see a corps practice. Phantom is 90 minutes away from Gillette. Madison is at least an hour away. Housing winners, in terms of distance close to Gillette are Blue Devils, Cavies, East Coast Jazz, Blue Coats, and Spirit from JSU (they are staying at Norton High School--easy to get to, less than 30 mins to Gillette.)

Lucky me, the above mentioned are within 30 mins of my house with the Blue Devils staying a half mile down the street from me.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a link to a site with detailed info on practice locations for Finals? For example, for Phantom Regiment, I know (from their web site) that they are practicing in Manchester, N.H., but that's a big place. I'd like to know exactly where in Manchester. How do we get that info?

I live in Manchester as a matter of fact I am right down the street from the practice site. If you need detailed directions from Boston, please e-mail me at mary.doherty@airgas.com.

Look forward to hearing fromyou.

DCI has recently confirmed Carolina Crown will be housed during Finals week at Wareham HS in Wareham, MA. Wareham is located in southeastern Massachusetts near the intersection of I-495 and I-195, and approximately 35 miles from Gillette Stadium in Foxborough.

To reach Wareham HS use I-195 Exit #21. The school's address is:

7 Viking Drive

Wareham, MA 02571

Plymouth County

Phone: (508) 291-3510