Kelly mouthpiece and GAS

Shadow_7

So I was looking for a funnel, and decided to use my kellyberg. It behaves much like an ice cube exposed to hot water when exposed to fuel. And now exists in an unuseable form and two pieces. Good thing I don't have or play a contra, although I'll need to get ahold of another piece before I try to play contra. In either case, it's not recommended to expose your kelly pieces to petroleum products. Not sure if that includes most lip balms, but be advised anyway.

:(

for those needing a visual aid.

kelly_gone.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I realize a contra mp is rather large, but as a funnel? for petrol? Like for putting in a car? Wouldn't it take like a half-hour to fill the tank? So confused. :worthy:

Well, I was trying to bypass the syphen. I figured if I could create a tube that was already full of gas and reverse the flow, so I wouldn't have to breathe in gas vapor. A syphen hose with a bulb does little good, if there's not one-way valves on both sides of said bulb or at all for that matter. Note to self park closer to the hose to use fish tank air pump via extension chord to aid in flow management.

Anyway, my old car is junk. Blown head gasket. But has a near full tank of gas. $30 kelly mouthpiece obviously worth more than said gas, at least until election year when gas hits $5.00 a gallon. But I think I'll just call the junker and let the lawn grow again. Apparently someone has pointed out that a version of napalm is a combo of gas + styrofoam peanuts. Which approximates the effects gas had on said mouthpiece.