Corps Parents Going to Atlanta Brass Classic?

Are there still tickets for the show?

If so can I buy them at the gate?

Plenty of great seats still available.

Yes, you can buy them at the gate, or, you can order them at dci.org or 1.800.495.7469 through 9 a.m. CDT on Thursday, and they will be ready for you at the "Will Call" window at the stadium on Friday night.

Either way, hope you can make it to the show, and bring all your friends!

Plenty of great seats still available.

Yes, you can buy them at the gate, or, you can order them at dci.org or 1.800.495.7469 through 9 a.m. CDT on Thursday, and they will be ready for you at the "Will Call" window at the stadium on Friday night.

Either way, hope you can make it to the show, and bring all your friends!

Thank You :worthy:

Justabandmom,

There is no such thing as "just a band mom". The effort you showed to provide your child with the support necessary to be a part of the band program all those years was above and beyond the call. I know however, that you obviously find your child all the better for your efforts.

With that said, You are in for the ride of your life. As great an experience as I hope your child had in the band program, they will learn and grow so much from the intensity and time they put into the drum corps that they and you will be forever changed.

As many here will attest, the activity changed our lives for the better and is the source of those I still call my closest friends. It's a journey I hope you'll both love.

Enjoy,

Later, AA

Well thank you, nhsalan, for the kind words. It is true that band parents usually do put forth some extra effort to support their children in their musical endeavors (as do parents for other endeavors - i.e., sports and other activities). But band seems special to me, and it is so worth it! The character that a good band program instills, the team building, the doors that are opened - are just some of the many reasons you find band parents such active supporters. The kids themselves make it all worthwhile - they're all great kids!

Our son was fortunate to have been in an exceptional high school band program, and now college too. When we saw what drum corps entailed, we knew it would be an absolutely outstanding opportunity that was not to be missed. Now we'll just have to take on an extra job or something to be able to afford it! (I guess that lets out study abroad opportunities in college!) :)

But I suspect you are right. I think it is going to be thrilling and great fun!

Welcome to the wonderful world of drum corps justabandmom. We have two couples driving to Georgia from Florida that are also Cadet parents ( both age out kids 06). Hope to meet you in Georgia. I can tell you personally that being a member of the Cadets has been the greatest experience in life my daughter could ever have asked for. Through all the sweat,injuries,heat and lack of sleep, my daughter would not miss one minute of this world class experience. Enjoy it, and watch you child grow.

Welcome to the wonderful world of drum corps justabandmom. We have two couples driving to Georgia from Florida that are also Cadet parents ( both age out kids 06). Hope to meet you in Georgia. I can tell you personally that being a member of the Cadets has been the greatest experience in life my daughter could ever have asked for. Through all the sweat,injuries,heat and lack of sleep, my daughter would not miss one minute of this world class experience. Enjoy it, and watch you child grow.

Wonderful! (One of the All-Access shout outs?) Bittersweet for you this year, isn't it? :)

Have you been enjoying All-Access? We think it's great. Other than knowing that tour was just like being at band camp (tenfold!), we had no idea what the days are like. This has given us a good glimpse of what the day is like, what the digs are like, and just helps us feel connected. It's great fun to follow what they are doing.